So we Live in a Black Hole...

Pages: 1... 56789... 11
As for homosexuality's use: I do not know how it can be useful from a biological perceptive. Reproduction is meant to create life. Maybe it could be that we are meant to have heterosexual intercourse for reproductive purposes only, with homosexual intercourse being for pleasure?

Meant to be? What? If something was meant to be, then it would have to be meant by someone. That someone is God.

God says that homosexuality is evil. That means it is a perversion, an abuse of our bodies.
Last edited on

I never said that. I just said is a wrong thing to do and that it is weird. I know God is the only one who can send someone to hell.

Fair enough.

Meant to be? What? If something was meant to be, then it would have to be meant by someone. That someone is God.

Please note the words: "biological perceptive" as in forget everything else in your body that wants to call me wrong for the time being and only allow that part of your brain that processes biological standpoints.

God says that homosexuality is
evil
. That means it is a perversion, an abuse of our bodies.

Firstly God has never said anything like it. People have written it down in the Bible, however that could be their interpretation. Secondly I too believe that it is morally incorrect, I was (as said before) talking from a biological standpoint.

Weird to who? You? Are you the one that gets to decide for all now?

And that is why it is always important to be PC ladies and gents.

@Zereo That was a fascinating read, thank you.

PLEASE NOTE MY POSTS IN THIS THREAD ARE SUBJECTIVE

closed account (3qX21hU5)
I think I am going to give up on this thread. Just wanted to say one thing before I go.

Please don't believe all religious people act the way and think the way that some people in this thread Superdude and cpprogrammer do. We all don't try and force our ways onto other people and we aren't all to stubborn to give another persons argument actual thought.

In fact the majority of Christians I known just wish to believe what they want to believe in and let everyone else make that choice for their selves. But just as with any group a few people can create a negative image on the group as a whole.
Last edited on
Please don't believe all religious people act the way and think the way that some people in this thread Superdude and cpprogrammer do. We all don't try and force our ways onto other people and we aren't all to stubborn to give another persons argument actual thought.

While I do disagree with the naming, I would like to say amen to the rest of the quote.

[quote= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen ]"So be it; truly"[/quote]

EDIT: Due to changes in prev post
Last edited on
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Please don't believe all religious people act the way and think the way Superdude and cpprogrammer do. We all don't try and force our ways onto other people and we aren't all to stubborn to give another persons argument actual thought.

I have said this before: I am not trying to force it on anybody. I did give it thought, but the Bible says that it is not true.

In fact the majority of Christians I known just wish to believe what they want to believe in and let everyone else make that choice for their selves. But just as with any group a few people can create a negative image on the group as a whole.

I believe what the Bible says.
Also, I only make groups look good JK

You are acting like I think every single thing is wrong to do, which I do not.
Firstly God has never said anything like it. People have written it down in the Bible, however that could be their interpretation. Secondly I too believe that it is morally incorrect, I was (as said before) talking from a biological standpoint.

Have you read the Bible?

Take a look at Gen. 19
Then try Romans 1:18 - 32

Really, everyone here should read this, for it is exactly what needs to be said.
I am not forcing anything. You decide what you want. I am just telling you the truth.

But this is what I am doing:

Matt 28:18-20
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
NASU
Last edited on
@Superdude I'm not either, but people keep claiming we are.
Have you read the Bible?

Ignoring all sarcasm: Yes I have.

Take a look at Gen. 19
Then try Romans 1:18 - 32

My point is that the Bible was written by men, and therefore technically speaking God did not say that. I am not saying that I disagree that it is immoral, I was merely playing on your words.

Have you read the Bible?

Not ignoring sarcasm: If you wish to question my faith or any other part thereof please do so, for I have no problems explaining my truths. I say this with all honesty.
I am not insulting you, but this is fundamental.

Everything in the Bible is God's word.

His direct commands.

I do not question your faith either.
+1 for Superdude's unedited post above mine.
I havn't edited.

The basic message in the Bible is God's word, what God tells me personally is His direct commands. Don't get me wrong the Bible is true and correct, however, its word has been translated and "telephoned", such that you cannot just read it and understand it, the Bible is filled with metaphors.

I do not question your faith either.

Then what was:
Have you read the Bible?
Yeah, but if you ever did edit the post and put something I don't agree with ( I am not saying you are going to) in it. Just to make sure something like that doesn't happen.

Edit: @Script Coder Yes, it does have a lot of metaphors.
Edit 2:
Superdude and cpprogrammer
Thank you, Zereo.
Last edited on
I was wondering if you were kidding, and was full of disbelief at your statement.
No, I have had it happen where I have said I agreed with a post and then they edited to something else, so it looked like I agreed with the new thing edited in.
@cppprogrammer: wasnt talking to you sorry
Oh, okay. It's easy to do that.
I was wondering if you were kidding, and was full of disbelief at your statement.

Was that directed at me? If so, please explain it again.

I was raised in the church. I even participated in church-sponsored bible trivia matches as a teenager. I would say I've probably studied the bible more than the average person, which isn't to say that I've studied it excessively or with a critic's eye. That said, there are many contradictions and plain erroneous statements in the bible, so if you're taking the approach that the Bible is direct communication from God, then you must also admit that direct communication from God is often erroneous. But, you don't seem willing to do what common sense demands. Instead, you're sticking with blind faith and eschewing reason.

Good luck with that.

http://danizier.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/the-blasphemy-of-bibleolatry/
Pages: 1... 56789... 11