So we Live in a Black Hole...

Pages: 1... 67891011
@cire +1
Except for: Is faith not blind, by definition and metaphor?
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
The Bible is not erraneous.
What kind of errors are each of you referring to?
I was just saying the Bible does not have errors. IDK, what cire was talking about.
Last edited on
ComputerGeek01 wrote:
I'm feeling antagonistic today so I'll bite, and just to pull the rug out from under you I won't even mention religion. The assertion that a species survives simply by achieving superiority through random mutation and social selection directly contradicts the fact that viruses, who mutate faster then most other organisms so make an ideal candidate to study, don't have the mental facilities to make those kind of social decisions on their own. Yet the individual species of viruses always seem to mutate toward an end that benefits their survival as a whole. Given that reproduction is an expensive process and everything lives with a finite amount of resources I think that r/K selection theory is out, so go ahead and explain that one.

I'm not a biologist so I don't have an answer to your antagonistic question. But it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that the evolutionary process could differ depending on many factors.

ComputerGeek01 wrote:
I didn't mention religion, in fact I specifically said I wouldn't so don't go off topic with blind assumptions. Also, I know that it doesn't explain anything I was asking you to explain that phenomenon. Please don't get upset that someone is questioning the beliefs you so blindly follow.

Here you are responding to a post I meant to direct to cppprogrammer297, sorry for not being specific who I was speaking to.
IDK, what cire was talking about.

Visiting the link in the post might've helped, instead of just regurgitating dogma.
@naraku9333: What did you say to me?
Last edited on
God is an atheist, for He does not believe in other gods.
God is an atheist, for He does not believe in other gods.

That is an interesting way to put it.
That first one the Gen 1vs Gen2 is so wrong.

The Bible does Not say that and if you want I can blow by blow go through it.
That first one the Gen 1vs Gen2 is so wrong.

+1
Edit: I haven't read the rest yet.
Last edited on
God believes in himself and therefor is not an athiest.
God believes in himself and therefor is not an athiest.

Well, yeah.
Superdude wrote:
The Bible does Not say that and if you want I can blow by blow go through it.

By all means, explain how the Bible doesn't say what it says.
cire wrote:
By all means, explain how the Bible doesn't say what it says.

I am also interested in this.

Also... wtf @ 2 added pages to the thread. I can't keep up with this while at work! Slow down! haha
Okay, that is interesting. I am sure there is an explanation for that or it was misinterpreted by either us or the translator.

@Disch Really, there has been 2 added pages?!
@Disch Really, there has been 2 added pages?!

My last post was halfway down page 6. Now we're halfway through page 8. So yeah.
wow
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Holy shit. I just got back from work too. Luckily, every single creationist argument from the past 20 years I've already heard, and already been refuted by people much smarter than me; so I didn't miss much.
Last edited on
@Superdude and @cppprogrammer297 I agree
"Let God be true and every man a Liar"
Pages: 1... 67891011