Any Ladies on Here?

Pages: 123... 10
just curious
closed account (z05DSL3A)
"Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens"
"I can be a lady for you, if you want... Hon, for the right price I can be what-ever you want me to be." -A really cool drag queen my friend and I met downtown one day. She was just joking.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
IDK, I think Spoon licker was. And, I'm not sure if I am thinking of the write person, but I think Albatross
Last edited on
Honestly I don't know if Spoonz was telling the truth about that anymore. Trolls can be girls too, but I doubt he was a she.

And Albatross was a girl. I miss her posts.
> She was just joking.
¡¿what did you ask for?!
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Or maybe he thought he was a she. PLOT TWIST
Nah. It was a LGBT pride rally. One of best friends is gay, I was there with him. We were talking to her, and another friend came up. He's straight and was also there for support, and he was drunk. He blurted out something like "holy crap, are you a woman?" she responded with something like what I almost definitely misquoted. It was a year or two ago.
And Albatross was a girl. I miss her posts.

Some old beasts may be extinct, but there still are a handful of animals roaming around! Namely myself, Grey Wolf, SpaceWorm, devonrevenge, Cubbi (whom I suspect of being a teddy bear).
And michaela elise
yeh but are they ladies or just people who decided to pretend to be ladies, because that is also common on the web and personaly I think its more likley that its a phoney thana real woman.

Did anyone see that link spoonlicker sent with hello devon revenge written on some woman licking a spoon?
Last edited on
Some old beasts may be extinct, but there still are a handful of animals roaming around! Namely myself, Grey Wolf, SpaceWorm, devonrevenge, Cubbi (whom I suspect of being a teddy bear).

What does that mean?
Did anyone see that link spoonlicker sent with hello devon revenge written on some woman licking a spoon?

That was Michaela Elise, following a misunderstanding for which mostly yourself were to blame (if I remember correctly).
Yes, that was Michaela Elise. She posted the pic to prove she wasn't spoonlicker and to prove she was who she said she was.
yes but spoonlicker had sent the same face in a photo before!

Right around the time I first joined I think the regulars in the lounge were chrisname, albatross, duoas, disch, grey wolf, helios, hamsterman and my self. There might have been a few others.

this was my second account. I made it as xander337 and later asked twicker to change it to this
Last edited on
If there were any girls posting on these boards, they'd be a fool to announce it in thread like this. I don't know what it is about this site (and programming communities in general) but girls almost always get isolated/stereotyped once they get "outed" at girls. It's incredibly unfair.

Albatross is a great example. She was basically the boards "token female" and people routinely made a point of bringing her gender into posts. Unfortunately she was too nice/polite/passive to call people out on it and tell them to stop.

Ultimately, being a girl became her defining characteristic. It's no wonder she left... I would have left too.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I can't be the only one who didn't even know what gender she was. (Until mentioned in this post)

Albatross is a great example. She was basically the boards "token female" and people routinely made a point of bringing her gender into posts. Unfortunately she was too nice/polite/passive to call people out on it and tell them to stop.
Uh, when?
Uh, when?

Before your time.

Ultimately, being a girl became her defining characteristic. It's no wonder she left... I would have left too.

I think the worst part is that she was so tentative about revealing her gender for fear of this exact reaction.
Last edited on
It's hard to find individual cases on a google search. I did find this one though:

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/69392/

It basically is a reprise of this thread... with someone asking "is anyone here a girl?" and someone (not Albatross) making a point to announce she was a girl.

Even in this thread. Albatross isn't here anymore... hasn't been here for like a year... and people STILL make a point to bring her up in any thread that has anything even remotely to do with female programmers.

She's forever typecast as "that one female programmer we had that one time". It's kind of pitiful.
Pages: 123... 10