Any Ladies on Here?

Pages: 123456... 10
chrisname wrote:
Besides that, basically every girl I know plays video games at least on occasion. I don't know any who play totally rad hardcore Xstr33m 2deep4u games like Dark Souls like I do (snarf snarf), but I know a lot of girls who like games like Castlevania and LoZ.

I have a PS3 collection of 135 PS3 games (with plans to get GTAV next month) and 80 PSN games. Lisa has a larger collection than me and she has tried to get me to get Dark Souls for a long time because of how much she loves playing it. We both have Demon's Souls. My game playing has gone down significantly because of my family and hers has gone down due to joining the Army, but every chance we get we play games with each other.

chrisname wrote:
So no, it's not impressive to be a girl gamer, it's every bit as mundane as being a male gamer.

I can understand that. I know Lisa always said just playing the games was enjoyable, but her secondary joy was when the guys on the game realize they got beat by a girl; "the shock and disbelief in their voices".

As for attention getting...some could argue I'm wanting attention because I'm a game programmer. I've heard that argument a lot. Though I do get your point, but makes me wonder. Why get attention in games, as a girl, when you can get it a lot easier from the chat services online. Cheaper than buying a game in the long run.

[EDIT] Fixed typos.

[EDIT] Added:
@darkestfright
That article is sad, but I know how it is. I'm a guy and 32 (well will be October 30th) and when I got into programming in '95 as self taught, I was ridiculed and told to give up because I wasn't smart enough. 17 years later I now tear myself apart and have absolutely no confidence in myself. Like the article points out, it takes almost no time to tear someone down and discourage them even if you have been encouraged for 16 years. Like the saying goes, "It takes a thousand attaboys to counteract one putdown."
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
This thread needs some opinions from the other side.
What do you mean by "other side"? I thought more than one viewpoint has already been presented.
I mean I'd like to know what a girl thinks of all the discussion.
I have only come across textbook femenists, I have never heard good well thought up ideas that havent come from a book magazine newspaper from anyone, so the other sides think what you could easily look up on the net unless you find a rare and unique person.
Last edited on
devon: the same could be said of just about any subject. You shouldn't be dismissive of something merely because it exists in popular culture.
@Disch
You actually understood that? I read it three times and finally gave up because it is unreadable to me.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
@Disch What did he mean? I couldn't understand it either.
devonrevenge wrote:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/110115/3/#msg602299

V For Vendetta really is going to happen, it's not just a movie, it's a prophesy =p
I will translate what devon said...

I have only come across textbook femenists. I have never heard a good, well thought up idea, that hasn't come from a book, magazine, newspaper, or from someone else. So the other side thinks what you could easily look up on the net, unless you find a rare and unique person.

I will translate what that means...

There are no original ideas. Everything has been thought up already, unless you can find a truely rare and unique person.

But I must disagree with Devon. I myself am sitting pretty on a couple of very original ideas and I have searched the internet to confirm it so. Also since the topic was about girls I must add that girls have a very different way of thinking than men.
It sounded to me like devonrevenge was saying people are merely echoing arguments that they heard from somewhere else without stopping to think about what they are really saying.

I don't agree with that at all. Simply because the argument has been made previously does not make it any less valid.
I should write holy texts for the next big religion, Ialso hope the shrink realizes he was mistaken to with draw my pill pills

S
Has anyone dated a Japanese girl? I was talking about relationships with my councilor Dr Google.com, and he said that Japanese women are the number 1 most faithful and devoted of all women. This was of course just a generalization. But I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with Japanese chicks?
My advice is not to get hung up on people from a specific race. First of all they likely won't meet your expectations - they're people with different backgrounds (or, if they're in your country and not first-generation immigrants, they probably have the same background as everyone else in your country) and they differ just as much as everyone else. Secondly, Japanese girls are all too aware of Japanophiles (which, judging by your username and the fact that you are asking this question, I'm guessing describes you) and generally find it creepy and weird. Third, how would you feel if someone came along and basically told you they were going out with you because you fulfil a fetish of theirs, and not because you're awesome and special or whatever? Like, if some Japanese immigrant wanted to go out with you just because, to her, you're a "rich American"? Finally, the "submissive Japanese woman" cliché is just that - a cliché. It's not real. They're not 15th century Chinese women who get their ankles broken so they can't leave the house. Japanese culture underwent some pretty significant changes after being occupied and financed by the USA during the WW2 reconstruction. Nowadays Japanese women are pretty much the same as western women except that, AFAIK, feminism is not as big over there so I think they still abide by traditional gender roles (which, IMO, is not a bad thing if everyone's happy with it). That doesn't mean women are submissive though.
Last edited on
was sleeping with a pretty chinese gorl once but I think she just needed somewhere to stay :/
devon wrote:
was sleeping with a pretty chinese gorl once but I think she just needed somewhere to stay :/

havent looked at this thread in awhile, and this is what i come back to haha
I will have to disagree with everything chrisname just said.

Why shouldn't someone go looking for their prefered date. Why settle?
When I date a human I have some requirments. For starters I want them to be female. Next I would like to find her attractive. Then I would want her to be friendly, fun, creative, artistic, and nice. I also don't like to be cheated on. I don't like how that makes me feel.

Maybe Chrisname will date anything but I am more particular.

EDIT: Manga is my real name, dude. I was not born with that name but it is the name I answer to. I changed my name a few years back.
Last edited on
You did ask about Japanese and chrisname did answer that. How can you disagree with new information that you supposedly did not have?

When I date a human ...

Reminds me of someone saying:
... human people ...

The implication of the existence of nonhuman people/dates ...
chrisname wrote:
Japanese girls are all too aware of Japanophiles (which, judging by your username and the fact that you are asking this question, I'm guessing describes you)
Manga wrote:
Manga is my real name, dude. I was not born with that name but it is the name I answer to. I changed my name a few years back.

I think this only strengthens chrisname's point. If you're so into the culture that you change your name to Manga... that's kind of a weirdo thing to do.

Unless you had another reason for changing your name to Manga....

For starters I want them to be female. Next I would like to find her attractive. Then I would want her to be friendly, fun, creative, artistic, and nice.

Granted I'm no expert... but if you put looks before personality, you are doomed to end up in shitty relationships... or at best relationships that are strictly physical.
what?

I suppose the sarcasim was missed, sorry.

But no, he did not answer my question unless he was about to tell of his experience with dating a Japanese girl. Instead I think he meant for me to avoid them. I am not sure.

Edit: I have only ever dated one white girl. She was sweet but insecure.
Mostly I have dated hispanic women. There is a lot of them in my area. I find them to be passionate, hot tempered, and a lot of fun. But one thing they have all had in common, they all thought they were the sexiest thing to walk the earth. They would frequently talk about how all men are checking them out, etc. I can't exactly say they were wrong, it just gets old.
Last edited on
Pages: 123456... 10