Any Ladies on Here?

Pages: 1... 5678910
I felt awkward typing that though I am really a girl. lol
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)

That is actually quite rude and just because someone has a higher post count doesn't somehow make them her superior. She has the right to say whatever she feels like saying and just dismissing what someone says just because they have been here for a day is quite rude.

not quite what i said. i said that usually it doesnt matter, however when you are supposedly an 11 year girl whos been on this forum a day, its not good to argue with people who have been on a long time. i never said that made them superior.
Well Kistal,

There are a few things you should know about me. First I work in construction. So my large, well formed frame is naturally occuring and in no way superficial. I enjoy reading romance novels and watching soaps. My favorite movie is Twilight, I was always team Bella and Andrew. While I sometimes program next gen smart ware, I don't like video games. But I love cooking and puppies. ;)
What
oh manga... lol i cant stop laughing... (but uhh whos andrew? i actually did read twilight and dont remember him anywhere)
just googled it, of course I meant Edward.
I've not read or seen Twilight. Come to think of it, I don't read novels, just tech books. I watch only actions movies (True Lies, Expendables, etc.). I'm honestly not a fan of Kristen Stewart, I have seen several movies she has been in and not cared for her acting at all (Panic Room, Jumper, The Messengers, Zathura: A Space Adventure, etc.) good movies, but just felt they could have got a better actress for the roles she did.
twilight was horrible. i was just between book series. was kristen stewart the older sister from zathura?
Twilight oh yes! My fave part of that franchise was when they all died... wait that didn't happen?
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Sorry, this is from a while ago. Why the f*ck does some one keep reporting devon's posts?
Some one reported this one:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/110115/5/#msg605522
and now this one:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/110115/6/#msg605734

There is nothing wrong with these posts.
closed account (owpE3TCk)
I agree with DTSCode. I watch part of it, but it is not my kind of movie.
I agree with retsgorf I see no thing bad about it.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Why the f*ck does some one keep reporting devon's posts?
Wondered myself. They're just h8rz.

EDIT: Woah, hiXD is a female.
Last edited on
Yes I am.
This is why we don't have that many female programmers openly admit they are female. You make too much of a deal out of it. Age doesn't matter, until it becomes obvious they are doing pointless, childish replies just to be dumb. Gender doesn't matter as women can be just as good at programming, if not better again until it becomes obvious they are lying about their gender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmM_xDzy2nU has a few women and other stars talking about their interest in programming and why it is good to learn to program.

Devon's reported posts, may just be my mind set but I can see why they were reported. At face value they are fine, but taken in the context he posted them, I can see why they were reported. After all, in the first one, joking or not, basically called hiXD a liar for saying she was a girl then in the second one called her a liar then accused her of reporting the first post.

Though, this thread shows why a girl can't reveal she is a girl. Albatross is always singled out in this kind of thread. And then when they are open about being females, most of the guys drop a few IQ points and start posting like they are teens or making stupid remarks about women not being able to program or female programmers being a myth. This is the exact kind of narrow thinking that makes women not want to get into programming. Due to all the sexist remarks and put downs they know they will face.
Devon's reported posts, may just be my mind set but I can see why they were reported. At face value they are fine, but taken in the context he posted them, I can see why they were reported. After all, in the first one, joking or not, basically called hiXD a liar for saying she was a girl then in the second one called her a liar then accused her of reporting the first post.

I agree except, even though it is not exactly nice accusing hiXD of lying, it shouldn't have been reported.

I agree with the rest too.
Last edited on
http://xkcd.com/322/
we should start a saying... theres an xkcd comic for that
@DTSCode lol
And then when they are open about being females, most of the guys drop a few IQ points and start posting like they are teens or making stupid remarks about women not being able to program or female programmers being a myth.

Agreed, although this definitely doesn't apply to "most of the guys" on here.

This is the exact kind of narrow thinking that makes women not want to get into programming. Due to all the sexist remarks and put downs they know they will face.

What can I say? They should man up.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
BHXSpecter wrote:
Though, this thread shows why a girl can't reveal she is a girl. ... This is the exact kind of narrow thinking that makes women not want to get into programming. Due to all the sexist remarks and put downs they know they will face.
I agree to a certain degree. There is a lot of sexism in all areas that should not be there but I also think that peoples brains are wired differently and are fueled with a different chemical mix. This leads them to be interested in different things and be 'good' at different things. Statistically there are probably things that fall along gender lines giving the impression that, say, 'women are bad a programming'. The lack of female programmers may just be that, statistically speaking, the 'female brain' just isn't interested in be a programmer.

I do get skeptical when people feel the need to announce their gender when asking for help. To me the most important thing is that they display an want to learn. Age, sex, religion, nationality are all unimportant. Just show that you want to learn and you are not just trying to pass a course to keep your grades up and all is good.
Pages: 1... 5678910