Just Made an Article.

Pages: 12
Lumpkin wrote:
What if I WANT to write an engine?

Then write one, guess there are pen pal engines somewhere.

You aren't interested in game programming, but rather engine development.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
closed account (N36fSL3A)
You aren't interested in game programming, but rather engine development.
I've realized that.

Game Engines are the same way to me as AVs are to SpaceWorm.
Lumpkin wrote:
Game Engines are the same way to me as AVs are to SpaceWorm.

I'm still waiting for him to release something. I'm starting to suspect him of being a troll.
Last edited on
@Catfish4
That makes two of us.

@Lumpkin
I meant, if you want to write an engine instead of games, it means you are interested in engine development and not video game programming. I don't know what you, yourself, is interested in.
I think what I want to do is create an engine, and with that engine create a game that sells.

That is my current life wish.
Well you have to make a lot of games to even know what goes into an engine. So you have a long ways to go before achieving that wish.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
@Catfish4 and BHXSpecter Three of us.
@Lumpkin That's what I am working on too :)
I think what I want to do is create an engine, and with that engine create a game that sells.

Motivation: I wish you good luck and inspiration to succeed!

De-Motivation: you're about 10 years too late to be making game engines. Nowadays we have ready-made professional game engines. You may choose to reinvent the wheel, but already the industry's busy making much better wheels than you ever will. (I'd be pleasantly surprised if years later you'd prove me wrong.)
BHXSpecter wrote:
Well you have to make a lot of games to even know what goes into an engine. So you have a long ways to go before achieving that wish.
I know, but I'm willing.

(And wasn't your name BHXSpector)

De-Motivation: you're about 10 years too late to be making game engines. Nowadays we have ready-made professional game engines. You may choose to reinvent the wheel, but already the industry's busy making much better wheels than you ever will. (I'd be pleasantly surprised if years later you'd prove me wrong.)
I understand this, but 10 years ago I was 2 years old.

I'll try to prove you wrong, and once I do (if I do), I'll be sure to post a few examples on here.

I'm learning good things everyday, and this thread is a good example.
Last edited on
@Lumpkin
Nope, it has always been BHXSpecter and I use that as my programming alias. Just like Gordon is better known as Icculus.

Your thread has broke my 'My Topics' screen => http://prntscr.com/1qdjwb

lol
Yea, I noticed that too. It's because Catfish and I posted at similar times...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12