Hello everyone!

Been in search for a forum that will help me with my programming stuff.
My name is Kistal! Hey...

This is awkward, lol.

Ps. I'm a computer science major.
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
hi! what languages do you know?
C++ and Python. I'm a beginner... my major was business but I changed, wanted to do something wonderful. Something I'm interested in, though I thought it was difficult and a little daunting. But, I figured I do what seems scary because isn't that what life all about?

:-)
When you start debugging and multithreading you will change idea.
I already started some debugging on some basic stuff. So far it's gravy.
Did you use an actual debugger for that?
Psh debugging class projects doesn't count :)
Oh come on guys don't deter me from this :-p And I think debugging class projects most certainly count!
Yeah sorry, the internet makes me more of a jerk than I usually am. I was asking because you find the best frustrations when you have to use a debugger to fix something (but the most rewarding moments too).
Our true personalities shine when we are behind a mask as you will soon see mine.
I was not offended at all. I know I didn't even scratch the surface of this language but i'm super excited to be challenged and thrilled all at the same time.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Well if you keep that spirit you should do just fine. Programming is not so much about memorizing as much stuff as you can as it is about thinking about ways to solve problems and usually the people that love to be challenged and love figuring things out are the ones that make it.
Programming is not so much about memorizing as much stuff as you can as it is about thinking about ways to solve problems and usually the people that love to be challenged and love figuring things out are the ones that make it.

Pretty much this. Programming is problem solving. Memorization can help you remember previous solutions but that's about it.
I have to keep my spirits up! It's the only way to survive. But seriously, I'm 23. I started to seriously consider being a programmer when I was 20.

Kinda of late, right?

At least that's what people have been telling me. They said I was crazy to add computer science as a double major with Marketing.
But I had such an admiration for this field that I just had to just try out my dream.

Crazy? Maybe. But I don't care. :-)
closed account (owpE3TCk)
I don't think it's too late and I don't think it is crazy at all. I think you should go for it. If it is what you want to do I think you should do it.
I don't think it's too late and I don't think it is crazy at all. I think you should go for it. If it is what you want to do I think you should do it.

I really appreciate that! Thanks.
I started programming in my late 20's. You are never to old to do what you love. Kistal, you have major in marketing? If you create software, that might come in handy.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.