vlad from moscow

Pages: 1... 789
And yes having a gun has made you completely mad you just dont know it.


How did a thread entitled "vlad from moscow" get 160 replies and end up like this?
Manga wrote:
Because of gun restrictions, teachers were not allowed to have guns in schools.

We will find if that is an issue now as Arkansas teachers are allowed to carry guns now.

@Ispil
Looney Tunes has been linked to violent behavior in children so that kind of blows your argument of 'animated' and 'outright fiction' out of the water. I remember the Simpsons came under fire for the Itchy and Scratchy skit too. Even Power Rangers, Star Wars, and Spider-man came under fire for an increase in violent behavior in children.

You are right about one thing, they don't know what ultimately makes a person turn into a killer. The only thing they know is that violence in the media (movies, games, etc) do desensitize kids and cause aggression to increase. They theorize abuse does it, or bullying, but I don't know as I played violent video games, love violent movies, had my father murdered, was bullied throughout school, had access to guns, and never even considered killing anyone. I did have an aggression problem (temper), but I just grew up and decided nothing is worth getting mad over.

The thing I worry about, as I stated before, is what congress perceives as fact. I pull some comfort from the fact that the Supreme Court ruled video games are Freedom of Speech, but violence and sex aren't forms of speech (though the things you may scream will doing it certainly are). There in is where my problem lies. Congress could pass laws that limit or remove violence in movies and games and do away with sex outside of the XXX industry. Imagine if Halo didn't have shooting, just multiple choice talking to bring peace between the species, though that would probably had been more fun considering ;).
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
You guys are still talking about this?!
Yeah this topic got seriously derailed... Anyway.

Here in the UK, gun crime is hardly heard of. The country with the most gun crime over here in Europe is Switzerland, which is a country in which most men are given a weapon + ammo to keep at home. If guns are allowed, there is more gun crime. The biggest problem (for me) with gun crime is the sheer ease with which one can kill. At least if someone has a baseball bat or a knife, it is feasible to stop them. I don't recall the last time I heard of someone going into a school with a baseball bat and committing a massacre.

How did a thread entitled "vlad from moscow" get 160 replies and end up like this?

I think that complete disregard for the actual topic and profound disrespect are what caused this cosmic derailment.
Once it had been established that there was nothing further to talk about, he went to far he was gone, there was still a popular thread but the subject matter appears to be used up and no one wants to dig up the subject, why not mark it as solved?

im not sure about the profound disrespect part, catfish sees it but im not as pious and dont think it harms, it would be much harder getting everyone to move thread and title it to the new subject every time the subject changes.
> Once it had been established that there was nothing further to talk about ...

Who established that? You and the other cretins who derailed the thread, after you had already had more than your say? Who gave you the right to unilaterally decide that other members who had not yet expressed an opinion on the topic at hand must now be muzzled?


> im not sure about the profound disrespect

So what was it? Profound respect for the community? By the louts who started by condemning Vlad for a deficit in respect, and then proceeded to babble on and on about freedom, rights and so forth, while showing utter contempt for the rights of every other member of the community who might have wanted to say something relevant to the original topic?
Vlad from moscow says, "Gun control is wrong, you idiots"
Who established that? You and the other cretins who derailed the thread, after you had already had more than your say? Who gave you the right to unilaterally decide that other members who had not yet expressed an opinion on the topic at hand must now be muzzled?

The fact that the conversation ran dry decided it (of course)

JLBorges I Ithink your argument needs revising its weak and hypocrytical.
Last edited on
Before this post gets "closed" I want to say that I am a new member and this is the first programming forum that I enjoyed because every posted question I see is not followed by a long list of postings informing the poster how "stupid" they are.

I also enjoyed what I managed to read of this discussion because it is always better when people talk about this stuff instead of seething until someone explodes, sides are picked and people won't post to each other anymore.

I would read all the posts now if I did not need sleep because I really enjoy the creative and uninhibited responses.
Hello BitRat,

How are things in Canada? Just so you know, I would like to live there one day. There is this company based in Toronto, I believe, called RockStar games. Their games are not very well know but are very family friendly, and often teach a moral lesson to youngsters.
The fact that the conversation ran dry decided it (of course)
My name is devonrevenge and I derail threads as a hobby.
Topic doesn't matter as long as someone posts something, or at least that's my excuse.


JLBorges I Ithink your argument needs revising its weak and hypocrytical.
I also learned a new word (which I occasionally misspell) to inflame people exposing me.
your accusing ME of disrespect in a nasty way that's the hypocrisy.

your friend was banned for something similar so can you not see some double standards?

EDIT: Thread derailingis not a hobby I didnt think it was such a big deal, its like the meetings over and you carry on chatting, however I know better now once you said something, even if you did say it in an appalling narrow minded way.
Last edited on
> Vlad from moscow says, "Gun control is wrong, you idiots"

For every one post where Vlad used the epithet 'stupidy idiot', he made dozens of posts where he actually helped someone who was trying to learn C++. He may have had some rough edges, but he made a contribution to the community. In stark contrast to the parasites responsible for derailing this thread, I might add.


> The fact that the conversation ran dry decided it (of course)

And what prevented you from creating another lounge thread, if you wanted to talk about something completely different? The rules of this site are gracious enough to permit people who have nothing meaningful to say about C++ to wallow in the lounge. Or is it that you feared that you would suffer from an erosion of self esteem unless you drew attention to yourself by indulging in wanton abuse of that privilege?
For the love of all things sane, shut the f**k up and let the thread die.
For the love of all things sane, shut the f**k up and let the thread die.

Where were you when this thread needed you the most!
This is my last reply, but I felt compelled to reply on topic this time.
JLBorges wrote:
In stark contrast to the parasites responsible for derailing this thread, I might add.

I've been called worse by my wife when I make her mad.
JLBorges wrote:
He may have had some rough edges, but he made a contribution to the community.

Insults aren't contributions, nor was the way he 'contributed'.
JLBorges wrote:
For every one post where Vlad used the epithet 'stupidy idiot', he made dozens of posts where he actually helped someone who was trying to learn C++.

Yeah, so long as the beginner didn't ask him to explain his 'contribution'. I referenced a thread near the start of this thread where he criticized a beginner, which you claim he helped about using int* p instead of int *p. When he was asked to explain he started to call people 'stupid'. Then when I paraphrased why int *p was better according to Bjarne Stroustrup, he called me 'stupid' for it and said he wasn't talking about C++ but programming culture. Though, to this day, I still have no clue how programming culture dictates proper use of int* p or int *p.
Grey Wolf wrote:
For the love of all things sane, shut the f**k up and let the thread die.

Isn't it hypocritical to make a post to complain about the posting? :P
Hey no one would argue Vlad's smarts. He knew a lot. I for one liked his posts. And I am sad that now I will never get a chance to call him "the impaler".
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 789