what kind of c#

Hey guys.I recently enrolled for a c# module at my institution. I am c++ programmer, atleast I consider myself as one.Most of my programs were done through a text editor and console.Now in this module I thought we were actually going to code.To my suprise almost everything we do is click.they use visual and sql for databases.sql isn't a problem as I also know php and the likes.The problem is the visual and how they do the stuff.its my second week now and I haven't even seen a writeline.I like to learn by myself.So, if anyone has an idea, please help.Where can I find material about such kind of programming.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
If you are looking for C# material MSDN is basically where you will want to go for tutorials and reference information on it. Also if you are familiar with C++ and are looking for a good C# book I would recommend C# 5.0 in a nutshell which is a great book which teaches C# and the .NET framework (It has a great section on LINQ). Though be warned the book expects you to have programming experience. You don't really need to know C# but you need to understand programming concepts.

As for you class I would say give it some time. They might be using the drag and drop interface for the beginning just to get you familiar with database programming. Soon or later you will most likely get into the code after you understand the concepts of how databases and programming with them works.
Last edited on
Nah.I asked around.People who did it say that that's what they did.create forms, crystal reports, database connections from sql server to visual studio.I mean like, ways the fun there.That's not what I expected. What also annoys me is that I spend time clicking here and there, Where as the bloody visual studio freezes all the time.All I need is material of that kind of "clicking" and adding stuff.Has anybody ever done that kind of stuff.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.