Would computer engineering be possible?

Okay, here's the story. I currently study Telecommunications engineering at the university. In two years i will be graduating. I plan to get a two years job experience after that.
But after that, I want to apply to University of Toronto for a masters degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (with specialization in computer).

I don't have the best background in programming (apart from self study) as we never really went into that at school. But i am currently learning python and plan to learn C++ later before applying for my masters.

I have a good knowledge of networks as i am currently taking the D-LINK certification courses. And after that i will take the CISCO certification courses also.

Would I be able to fit into the computer engineering department?
Please any answer would be useful.
And I would greatly appreciate advises also.
Much thanks.
Ok I actually have spoken with people who are doing the exact same thing you want to practically and many of them had little programming experience. The highest level language they ever used was Assembler, and that was for "when we can't figure out how to do something in Hexadecimal." So I would be more worried about your math skills, and maybe having some basic physics knowledge already on hand for the electronics.
@Justin
Thanks for your reply.
And you are right.

The highest level language they ever used was Assembler, and that was for "when we can't figure out how to do something in Hexadecimal

We had a "Brush-through" on C# in the first year. But it was as good as useless. So for the most part, the highest level we used were assemblers.

So I would be more worried about your math skills, and maybe having some basic physics knowledge already on hand for the electronics.

As for maths, i guess i'm a lot above average. Never got less than an A in maths at university. Although we stopped "actual" maths as a course last year from time to time i go through the book. I am trying to go through my engineering maths book from start to finish at about 2 pages a day. I love maths.

As for physics, I'm good at it although for the most i find it boring.

Can you tell me how these people fare in the the Electrical and Computer Engineering world ( with emphasis on computer engineering)?
Well they haven't graduated yet but they have successfully designed a few various pieces of hardware. Nothing on the level of a CPU or motherboard but things like wireless transmitters or a primitive sound board.
What about in a programming and software sense.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.