All code Objective-C Cocoa Application

closed account (jwkNwA7f)
I want to make a Cocoa applictation using all code in Xcode, not using the Interface Builder. I have searched a lot on this and have not found anything since most people want to use the Interface Builder. Please don't say anything like "Don't waist your time on it", "They did the work for you, why do it yourself?", etc., like most people. When I make applications, I like to use all code. So, can you explain how to do this or post a link?

Thank you very much for your help!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I'm sure it would be possible. You would have to remove references to the xib/nib files from your project and info.plist. You would then have to allocate and init a window in a relevant delegate and add a UINavigationController somewhere in the mix...can't be much more help than that. It is not something I have every considered doing.
Last edited on
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
I thought that, but I would like maybe a link that show how each thing is done, thank you for replying!!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I found this[1] that might show you how to do it, I have read it. :0)

Edit: Google "cocoa without xib" should get you enough to piece together what you need.
Ok, Thank you!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.