Anyone Know What Happened to CyberWarfare

Pages: 1234
ne555 wrote:
@Danny Toledo: s/democratic/republic/g

Am I the only one who does not know what is happening here?
closed account (jwkNwA7f)

I don't either....
Looks like a sed expression http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html
Politics is better than most topics we have derailed into.

I didn't know what was happening when I joined this conversation :D

Looks like a sed expression

So I should replace substitute democratic with republic?
Danny Toledo wrote:
So I should replace substitute democratic with republic?

Nope. You shouldn't vote democratic, republican, liberal or anything. You should learn every policy each candidate supports and is against. That is one reason the country is in such disarray now, too many people just vote all republican or democratic and don't really see what kind of representative they are voting in.
Nope. You shouldn't vote democratic, republican, liberal or anything

What? Where did I say that I was voting? Where did I mention any specific party?

I think maybe we should wait until ne555 has a chance to reply to expand on what he meant because I am completely lost and you just confused me that much more.
A republic is a form of government were the mass is willing to delegate the decisions to a group.
This willingness comes from the supposition that it is the mass the one that elected the group.

You criticize how are the interest, desires, needs and thoughts of the mass represented in this group (composed by just one people)
So you are complaining about the republic system.
A republic is a form of government were the mass is willing to delegate the decisions to a group.

Ah, I see. Thank you for pointing that out.

So you are complaining about the republic system.

I would like to clarify: I wasn't complaining about the republic system (or as I wrongly stated, the democratic system). I was just saying that the term "should" was adequately defined by the context in which naraku9333 used it and that if there should be a discussion about whether or not someone should be President, a better argument to make would be one against the system through which that person was elected (which I now realize is quite ignorant of some key details).
Nope. You shouldn't vote democratic, republican, liberal or anything. You should learn every policy each candidate supports and is against. That is one reason the country is in such disarray now, too many people just vote all republican or democratic and don't really see what kind of representative they are voting in.

This.

Partisan politics are horrible. Vote according to the politician's views (and, more importantly, their history/actions)... not according to their political party.

I blame most of this on the media, though. The media seems to be driving politics into sensationalism to "sell the news" more effectively. Everything has to be depicted as a fight between Dems and Reps. Any politician who appears on any news show, or in any newspaper or magazine article has the (R) or (D) tacked on to the end of their name like it's some kind of defining characteristic.

I had an idea a while back to start up a database website where you could search for a politician by name and it would give you their history/viewpoints on various policies. There are government websites which do this but the data is really hard to sift through. Something designed to be more of a voter tool would be super useful.

The one thing I would omit from that site would be party affiliation.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
I would love a website like that Disch. If you ever do start on it let me know if you need any help :). I actually had a idea similar to it awhile go and was going try and see if I could use these APIs to accomplish it somehow http://sunlightfoundation.com/api/.

Also agree with don't vote for party lines like all rank and file. Do you own research and make sure you know who you are voting for. Sadly most people these days don't care to much about the elections anymore or don't bother to do any research.

Solution - Get rid of both parties and make it so there is only ONE party and put term limits in congress.

Anyways I will drop out of this conversation now since I usually get to into political debates lol.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I thought the US was a Democratic Republic?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
after reading all of these posts... i have decided to join THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH party http://www.rentistoodamnhigh.org/
That beard though.

Is this guy cereal?
how racist. hes black not cereal
How am I racist?
Cereal is slang for Serious. Not a racial slur for "black."
i was making a joke guys..,
I'll take a bowl of cornflakes, thanks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.