I am in love with sfml.

Pages: 1234
I just tried CIMG, what a nightmare. When you download it, all you get are a bunch of header files. No lib or dll. And trying to make any of it work is a pain. After making my computer run slow as heck and not even ever working I just gave up and deleted the mess.
Lots of Boost libraries are just header files as well. It's because they use only template classes, which have to be defined when you use them and thus don't use source files (which also means you only pay for what you use). If it didn't work, then I imagine you probably did something wrong.
Well that would not surprise me, I have a great deal to learn still. So, umm how do you define when you use?
You don't, the compiler does it for you. Take this template function:
template <typename T, std::size_t S>
constexpr std::size_t array_length(T(&)[S])
{
    return S;
}

If I try to use it, like so:
int array[] = { 1, 2, 3 };
std::size_t length = array_length(array);

then the compiler generates the following function:
constexpr std::size_t array_length(int(&)[3])
{
    return 3;
}
Last edited on
I think Lumpkin needs to learn how to communicate. How many times has he been entirely "misunderstood" now?
What's with all the hate lately? It seems like every thread is turning into a "let's rag on Lumpkin" fest.
Last edited on
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Yes, it is.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
He says x. Then claims he didn't mean to imply x. So does he mean x? No, apparently, he means y.

Ragging on Lumpkin has been justified as of late because some of the things he says "imply" incorrect information which is bad as it causes confusion and misinformation to spread.
@Disch: I know, right? Doesn't seem fair.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Maybe because text doesn't show voice?

If I was talking you guys would probably understand.
I somewhat doubt that's the case, if it is then you should try to be much more specific and deliberate in what you say.
It looks perfect when I read it in my head, apparently people don't read it the same way I do.
I understood it perfectly, because I looked past the specific wording(which was not explicit)
You didn't understand it perfectly because it doesn't make sense. That's the whole point of the negative comments.
How does "I used to be an SDL fanboy until I used OpenGL" not make sense? It was in reply to the first comments, which the OP said he was planning on using OGL later on.

It was a positive comment towards OpenGL, not necessarily bringing any lib down.
Last edited on
Because OpenGL is hardly a replacement for SDL. Rather, SDL was created in order to be used in conjunction with OpenGL.

EDIT: Typo....
Last edited on
It made sense to me, Lumpkin.
But you're not getting I've never said OpenGL was a replacement. Can we just stop? This is just pointless.
Last edited on
So what exactly made sense? How did you switch to OpenGL after SDL?
I used to use a washing machine until I discovered the dryer.
Pages: 1234