• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Albatross finally came back to the forum

Albatross finally came back to the forums~

Pages: 123
-Albatross

(Thread made so as to avoid derailing other threads.)
Last edited on
closed account (o3hC5Di1)
Welcome back :)

All the best,
NwN
Welcome back, to the real world.
Hey, even though I did not know you when last you were here, I have heard only good things about you. (As well as many melancholic posts about you leaving).
Welcome back! :D
Awesome!

Welcome back. : )
Thank you everyone. It's good to be back.

-Albatross
Long time no see! Are you prepared to launch an explanation as to your absence or do you just want to get back to having fun again? It's nice to have you back :)
Hiya L B.

I've already started getting back to having fun, but if people really want to know why I left, I suppose I could write a little bit about that.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Please do share :)
Yaaay! Welcome back!
@Duoas
Aw, thank you. ...for some reason I thought you hated me. O.O

@Script Coder
I'd rather not go too far into the details, but I've been fighting major depression for the past few years, and it started getting quite severe when autumn came. The human mind can be a complete and utter bitch at times, especially when it decides to make me stop being passionate about programming. I'm doing a bit better now, fortunately, so I'm back and glad to be excited by code again.

-Albatross
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
I'd rather not go too far into the details, but I've been fighting major depression for the past few years, and it started getting quite severe when autumn came. The human mind can be a complete and utter bitch at times, especially when it decides to make me stop being passionate about programming. I'm doing a bit better now, fortunately, so I'm back and glad to be excited by code again.

how funny, not that you were depressed, but that it makes you stop programming. i found that being depressed makes me write really good code. two kinds of people i guess
Wow, I'm sorry if I ever made you feel like I hated you, because that is so not the case. I've actually always been impressed with you here and considered you a valuable forum member (even if I disagreed with your opinion on occasion).

Most people don't get true depression, so asking the question is often useless. I can't tell you how many times people have tried to tell me they know what depression is, but were so blithely clueless about how stupid they sounded.

Of course, I think I have a few things helping me that most people with severe depression don't. If you wanna talk more just PM me.

@DTSCode
That's not depression. That's just feeling bad. Sorry. But at least it'll pass, or cycle, and you'll feel somewhat better before long.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
oh no ive been depressed. i agree most of the time im just upset and get over it the next day. but i can look back on parts of my life and say i was depressed there. it lasted for months. i could count on one hand the times i thought to myself today was a good/happy day.
Wow. Thank you, Duoas. The kindness of what you just said I never expected to hear from you. I guess at times we had somewhat heated arguments and I worried that you were truly pissed. Thank you for reassuring me. :)

@DTSCode
I don't want to pass judgment on whether you had been depressed or not simply because I'm not in your head and I don't know how you cope with things. I can't help but get a vibe that you don't get it, though. No offense intended.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Welcome back Albatross :). Sorry to hear about your battle with depression.

Duoas wrote:
Most people don't get true depression

True, then again some are depressed so often or all the time that they don't even know what depression is. In my case, I'm depressed 24/7 and have just become accustom to it.

The thing that I think is stupid is the people that hear depression and immediately think all people who are depressed contemplate suicide. I'm depressed all the time and ending my life has never even crossed my mind.
Have you been diagnosed and put on antidepressants, BHXSpecter?

-Albatross
Yes, and kind of. Been diagnosed, but refused to go on any medication for it.
Well, lucky you. I guess you were spared the worst, and I can't help but be a bit jealous.

-Albatross
Last edited on
hullo :)
Pages: 123