WHERE CAN I HOST MY CLIENT-SERVER APP?

hi everyone, i hope all is well. ok here is the story. i created a client-server app for me and my collegues at work, its basically a chat app. the thing is i don't want my company to host the server but unfortunately i don't have a static ip address to host my server. is there an alternative to my problem? thanking you in advance.
Hi there,

You could just subscribe for a VPS (Virtual Private Server). Seems like your server won't need big hardware so you should be able to get a pretty cheap subscription ($5-10 a month).

Also, you could use Dynamic DNS to have a fixed address for your dynamic IP at home, but that would require your home server to be powered on all the time of course.

All the best,
NwN
thanks for replying NwN, sounds like a dynamic dns is the option i would be more interested in. could you elaborate on how you'd implement it?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
sorry to interupt, but that seems like an oxymoron. dynamic dns gives you a static ip?
It gives you a domain name and a program to run in your server. The program periodically dials home and sends your IP so the DNS service can update what your assigned domain name resolves to.
I use No-IP to host a private FTP and RDP server. Combined with a fat pipe (I have 350 KiB/s upstream) and a smartphone, it's almost like carrying your home computer with you at all times.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.