So I've been spending a few hours of week to work on a really old project of mine. And it's getting closer and closer to actually being releasable.
As I thought about the release more and more... I realized my name for it sucks. So I'm making this thread in hopes of getting better name suggestions.
The project is a library for abstracting the filesystem in a way which makes reading/writing of archived (zipped) files transparent. I know there are lots of libraries out there which do this already... but the interface for all of the ones I've used have left me wanting. Plus it was fun.
The current project name is 'SFSL' -- a play on SFML, since it was originally intended to be an add-on support lib for SFML. But I've since decided against tying it to SFML directly... so not only does the name no longer fit... but it was stupid to begin with.
SO -- anyone have suggestions for better names? My requirements for acceptable names are pretty loose:
1) Name has to be easily google-able (ie: googling the name has to return little or no hits)
2) Nerdy is OK, as long as it's not over the top.
3) Nonsense words or misspellings of actual words are fine -- again as long as they're not over the top. "Rabblefrabble" is an example of being over the top.
4) Acronyms are fine.
5) Acronyms which spell out a word (or a misspelling of a word to make it googleable) are even better.
6) Bonus points for names that actually describe the lib -- but this is not strictly a requirement.
To clarify the misspellings... most misspellings are okay... but subbing 'z' for 's' or 'x' for 'ex' are unacceptable. I know that's really arbitrary but I hate things like "Bratz" and "Xtreme"