any c++ tricks?

closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
so i want to make a public domain cookbook full of useful general tricks but i only have two. one is my Str2Int routine which is:
constexpr unsigned int Str2Int(const char *Line, int CurrentPos = 0)
{
    return !Line[CurrentPos] ? 5381 : (Str2Int(Line, CurrentPos + 1) * 33) ^ Line[CurrentPos];
}

and making the command line arguments easier for parsing by turning them into std::basic_string<char>.
std::vector<std::string> Arguments(argv, argv + argc);
closed account (yADwAqkS)
Sorry, don't have any, but where will these be put?
I think we all have our own little cookbooks, toyboxes, libraries. I keep mine in a static library that I can link to with any of my projects easily.

I have an extension for std::string which include a "contains()" method, numeric parsing functions, and wide-character support. I have a logging utility which allows me to throw exceptions and log them at the same time. And I have lots and lots of math including PID controllers, n-order integrators, flip-flops, confirmation delays, and a massive Matrix class with about 100 methods.

Whenever I write a very generic function that I don't want to write again, I try to fit it into a class in my library. String utilities are the most monotonous things ever and I hated re-writing those over an over.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
i was thinking at least one if not all of these:
a thread (not likely for obvious reason)
an article
a pdf from media fire
a myurl.something.com site with them on it. theres one called like threegigs.com that will let me do php so ill probably do that to
closed account (zb0S216C)
Code "tricks" lead to bugs; therefore, I avoid "tricks".

Wazzak
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.