What you look like

Pages: 1234567
I too would rather stare at a black screen for several hours than a white one. I think it's easier on the eyes.
I agree. I have Qt and Geany set to dark backgrounds. Every once in a while I get nostalgic and change them back to default backgrounds. I use the dark ones at night so I don't wake up my son with the light coming off my laptop monitor.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
For development I like white backgrounds, but I can't look at a white screen with nothing on it.
Holy thread derailment. Sorry guys.
Well... At least I'm not in the minority there. I've always preferred dark backgrounds when looking at code. Not really sure why though, I spend about as much time looking at websites with light backgrounds and dark text without issue. Maybe the syntax highlighting stands out more.
I prefer a white background.
That's a cool "you" tho, Easton.
I mean, your face + your beard = awesome.
That's a cool "you" tho, Easton.
I mean, your face + your beard = awesome.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/345/169/bc7.png
He is lucky he can grow it. My wife hates my beard and has me shave it basically every week. Otherwise I'd look like one of the guys from Duck Dynasty if I had my way.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
He is lucky he can grow it. My wife hates my beard and has me shave it basically every week. Otherwise I'd look like one of the guys from Duck Dynasty if I had my way.

oh my god guys... c++ dynasty!
Whoahh, this is kind of weird. Putting faces to people I've only imagined.
I'll participate:
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185868_613747438647203_1561358986_n.jpg

I'm the white dude on the left. The other is my roommate.
Tall and skinny pretty much describes it.

Interestingly, I don't remember that picture being taken. That was a pretty wild party.
I know how you feel Thumper. Seeing you is pretty weird also.

Honestly I didn't actually think of you guys having a face. After seeing how Disch and others looked (They looked a little "too" similar), I thought you'd look the same.

For some reason you all look very familiar to me.
Last edited on
Does everyone look like you expect them to, Lumpkin?

I know it's a bad idea, but I'm seriously considering posting my own picture now... it feels strange to be one of the few who posted in this thread with a description but not a picture.

-Albatross
@Lumpkin: After all we're like a big family.
@Albatross: Well, go for it. :D
No, they don't. I really didn't imagine faces on them. Lol.

I'm considering posting a photo too, but that'd be kinda weird.
Yeah I find it a little eerie that so many of us look similar. Though I can't say I'm surprised...
Wait, wtf. Disch, you look a lot like a substitute teacher I have from time to time. Only difference is height.

I mean, you look like twins.

And you BHX, you look very similar to this one guy I always see walking down the street. Like... twins.

wat deh frack.
Last edited on
Yeah I find it a little eerie that so many of us look similar.

it makes me wonder if programming does that to people.
Me. Coding. Well, not coding, about to. http://puu.sh/5cHu8.jpg
Woah, you look VERY young.
Pages: 1234567