C++ IDE

Pages: 12
So, I can completely uninstall NetBeans, install QT, and get started? I have always wanted to write GUI for my programs....

\o/
closed account (9jNRX9L8)
Dev-Cpp. It is beginner friendly, runs faster than other IDE's and it has a advanced and beginner option so you can do ALOT of advanced stuff. Not to mention it is very customable.
Yep. Or you could keep them all and use them as your mood permits. I usually code all my light stuff in geany and then Qt when I want to code something heavy or play with GUI ideas (which is rarely for the latter).
golden..... I think I'm gonna install it then...
@Toggy11
Please do not recommend Dev-C++ unless you're explicitly referencing Orwell Dev-C++. We deprecated its use a long time ago. :/

http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/36vU7k9E/

-Albatross
Last edited on
@Albatross
I've not used Orwell Dev-C++, but from what I've read online there isn't much difference between Bloodshed and Orwell yet (except Orwell is being worked on). There are so many good free IDEs now that Dev-C++ really shouldn't be used by anyone. I'd say Qt, C::B, Geany, Sublime, Netbeans, and Eclipse are all you really need. I may have missed a few but that was just off the top of my head.
What are MinGW "add-on modules"????

What is the "source components"???

What is "minGW toolchain"???

What is "MinGW essential modules"???

I'm trying to install QT creator now... I sincerely would not like to mess up my compiler setup.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12