Coding and Dating, any experiences you want to share.

Pages: 1234567
My housemate condemned the very thought, "coders dont have very good relationships with themselves, perhaps two coders is a recipe for disaster"

Interestingly I find myself in a relationship with a student of english, she is the most frighteningly perceptive human I have come across, shes also a painfully objective realist today she organised a timetable for me to see her so I dont "fuck with her life ever again"

at parties or around people in her home life she doesnt want to acknowledge Devonrevenge's existence, ie she pretends she doesnt know me :P

ie:

Devonrevenge at his GFs house with nu gf's friends walking past: "im tired im gonna sleep in your bed ten minuets "

Devonrevenges new gf:"Not in my bed your fucking not"

lastly but not leastly after a great few days together we go to uni in the morning, how does she say goodbye? with a high five

We were going to go on holiday but shes made me a behaviour chart, if I do well we go on holiday, but now I have agreed the stakes are higher, I have to get a job and get better marks :/

Im deadly serious im crazy about this terrifying woman, I even want to marry her and have babies, I wont cos shes 18 and doing her degree and im not a moron but thats just how much I fallen in love with her.

Shes gonna break my heart in like 6 months though, teach me to get infatuated with a girl two thirds my age, you guys have got to do you rshare of picking up the pieces of your intenet friends heart by the way
Last edited on
Shes gonna break my heart in like 6 months though, teach me to get infatuated with a girl two thirds my age, you guys have got to do you rshare of picking up the pieces of your intenet friends heart by the way

lol Devon, there's way more to life than that one magical special relationship that all the movies tell us we should be having.
Stewbond wrote:
Coders would be the worst to date.

When I'm coding at home, I completely ignore my wife. I'm so boring when I'm "in the zone". I don't know how she stands it.

How I wrapped std::vector doesn't make for interesting pillow-talk.

Sounds like you haven't found the right balance yet then. I only code when my wife is sleeping or entertaining herself with her shows or games. Otherwise I pay attention to her and jump when she says. Of course I'm whipped to begin with.
@Devon

Dude you need to cool your jets. It is human nature to want what we think we can't have. Her coolness toward you is driving you crazy, but if she flew into your arms and adored you, then you would lose interest in her. Probably the worst thing that could happen to you, is you get what you want from her. Good luck man...
I have no clue how you can stand a girl who creates a time table for your presence around her. And she ignores you around her circle? But its all good because she was clever enough to turn a celebratory gesture into a good bye.....interesting...sounds a little desperate to me..hell how hot is she? That's the only remote thing i can think of that could get any dude to stay.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS

NEVER gonna hapen unless your Bill Gates L/d=----
Every person's definition of 'Hot' is different. I think my wife is hot, but I've had people flat out tell me she isn't and I don't care because they aren't me.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Actually everyone's definition of "hot" is the same. Who is classified as it is an entirely different matter.
she is hot HOT HOT and a backside that could turn brothers against each other, its so good that women grab it all the time and she has to cover it up well in spain and italy.

lol BHX, you had better slap those people as well
Last edited on
K tmi.
Lumpkin wrote:
Actually everyone's definition of "hot" is the same. Who is classified as it is an entirely different matter.

That is what I meant, sorry been upgrading my OS today and fixing the problems that sprung up due to that so I've been mildly distracted.
devonrevenge wrote:
lol BHX, you had better slap those people as well

I would have, but my wife doesn't want me going to jail for assault so I have to learn to ignore idiots like that.
Lumpkin wrote:
K tmi.

Nope, not even close to 'tmi'.
Last edited on
Last time I checked, Lumpkin and I weren't the same person.
Yes, very close to tmi.
@LB
Just proves I'm distracted like I said. Think I've got all the problems fixed on my OS after the upgrade though so now I can focus on what I'm typing.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
what did you upgrade to?
DTSCode wrote:
what did you upgrade to?

From windows 8 to windows 7 I assume.
Nope, last Windows I touched was Vista (which I use, or used to use for gaming) on my desktop that is sitting unplugged in a bedroom. I upgrade Crunchbang Linux (Waldorf) to Jessie, (stable to unstable so I could get gcc 4.8.2 for C++11) but it broke a few things. Took most of the day to fix everything (thankfully most of it was just re-installing files and tweaking config files.

I live on my laptop.

Wanted to get the latest GCC compiler so it supported C++11 because I broke down and bought the kindle edition of The C++ Programming Language 4th Ed by Stroustrup and taking the time to read it and do the examples in it to learn the language better. I've focused on game programming for so long I had the realization that I don't know how to program anything else besides terminal apps and simple 2D games.
Last edited on
sargon94 wrote:
From windows 8 to windows 7 I assume.
I see what you did there ;)
haha, why does microsoft make junk?
devonrevenge wrote:
haha, why does microsoft make junk?

Microsoft fanboys the same ones that go on about how the xbox/360/xbone are the greatest systems ever made. Fanboys will buy multiple of each just because they blindly love it.
Pages: 1234567