closed account (3hMz8vqX)
Hi,
I am leaving the forum,
thankyou all for your help!
You guys have helped me a lot,
now Im leaving!
Last edited on
Who was he or she?
No name, maybe we can cross reference their number code to previous posts and someone might remember them.
Who was he or she?

I guess we will never know...

EDIT:

we can cross reference their number code to previous posts

This sounds like a good idea. But I doubt anyone will bother to do it. I know I won't :P
Last edited on
Didn't exactly take long

I didn't say otherwise.
I didn't say otherwise.
I wasn't trying to imply that you did.

Does anyone else think deleting usernames when an account is closed is a bad idea?
I wasn't trying to imply that you did.

Ok then.

Does anyone else think deleting usernames when an account is closed is a bad idea?

This though implies that you think deleting usernames when an account
is closed is a bad idea. What are the reasons that make you believe this?
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
meh. i dont think its too important. if people are looking upon this for help then its not going to matter who said what
For the record, I saw the name of the poster before the account was closed.

The poster was Avrind, or something like that.
What are the reasons that make you believe this?
I just don't feel it is necessary to delete it. Most forums I've been on don't delete it but label it as a deleted account in some way. I also find it a little difficult to follow a discussion if one of the participants is a deleted account.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
is it neccesary to remove the name though? couldnt twicker just keep the name in a database instead of a code?
I wonder if the name is deleted so that the tag could be associated with a new user at some point without confusing people.

I can confirm what htirwin said, this was Avrind333. I recently participated in one of his Posts and the remaining ID code matches what is there now. He mostly asked us about how to build an AV suite piece by piece.

@ m4ster r0shi: Welcome back, did that community outreach program go well?
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Computergeek01 wrote:
I can confirm what htirwin said, this was Avrind333. I recently participated in one of his Posts and the remaining ID code matches what is there now. He mostly asked us about how to build an AV suite piece by piece.

Avrind333 is SpaceWorm aka Cyberwarefare (Now known as OrionMaster).

Welcome back

Thanks!

did that community outreach program go well?

Alas, it's currently on hold, mainly because I don't have much time to spend on it, but also because
other community members than the ones I've been targeting approached me by themselves instead.
Last edited on
closed account (13bSLyTq)
No, Who told you that Zereo. I am not him, I am completely different this time I am asking to ask for IP match.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Not trying to start a argument or anything but you told me that...

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/117206/#msg641222

But anyways I will drop out of this because to be honest I could care less.

@ m4ster r0shi
What was the community outreach program about if you don't mind me asking?

I am just curious because I have been asked/wanting to go to my old middleschool (One of my good friends teach there now) and do a after school program of sorts on the basics of programming and computers. So was thinking if you were doing something like it what your experience was with it.
Last edited on
closed account (13bSLyTq)
No, I thought you meant SpaceWorm, Cyberwarfare. Sorry never properly read the question but nevertheless hope I cleared the doubts.
@OrionMaster
Nope, all you cleared up is that you are a confusing individual :P.

Has anyone else noticed almost every "goodbye" thread eventually reveals that the person leaving is mainly doing so just to come back as a new account to try as an attempt to lose some sort of poor reputation they had with the previous one?

I'm me, everyone hates how I am, but I'm not going to sock puppet to get rid of it.
@ Zereo
It's not that kind of community outreach program. It fits very well the definition Jayne
gave here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101013195909AACmfou

Jayne from Yahoo answers wrote:
A community outreach program involves approaching community members with some kind of message, meant to get them to change behavior, to attend an event, to engage in an activity, to NOT engage in an activity, to do something, to not do something, to understand something, etc.

That message can be delivered through TV commercials, radio commercials, press interviews, newspaper articles, advertising, an event, a performance, a flier, a postcard, a Facebook post, a web page, a blog, a phone call, etc.
Pages: 123