I will be leaving this forum, Good Bye!

Pages: 123
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Ahh disregard my last post then ;p
BHXSpecter wrote:
Has anyone else noticed almost every "goodbye" thread eventually reveals that the person leaving is mainly doing so just to come back as a new account to try as an attempt to lose some sort of poor reputation they had with the previous one?

I'm me, everyone hates how I am, but I'm not going to sock puppet to get rid of it.

I was going to write about how much I agree with your sentiment here, but now that I think about it, I just don't like how you are J\K. The real reason is that I've done this exact thing once myself. I first came to this site about ten years ago (I was around 17) under my other screen name. Everything I "knew" I had pieced together from one book I had bought at a Barnes & Noble and I thought that Quincy 99 was the best IDE in the world until I discovered Bloodshed (How can an IDE with such a cool name NOT be any good?!).
Just getting rid of an unlucky post count and also I mention that somehow I always suspect Cyber / Spaceworm / ... of the very same things that they end being accused of.

What is it about them that makes them so suspicious?
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Orion Master is proficient in hacking, so I think that's what makes everyone uneasy.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
the fact that (t)he(y) always post something hook related that sounds super smart but usually doesnt pertain to the problem at hand
My two cents on the matter: Orion Master strikes me as someone who's either more than he makes himself out to be, or an experienced white hat. Neither is real cause for me to be uneasy.

-Albatross
I'm too lazy to read all this but you guys could of also used google chrome then right click search on google the code and it would show 3 links one of which the username http://v2.cplusplus.com/user/3hMz8vqX/
@ DTSCode : I'm going to have to object to that one. Your request just wasn't possible on Windows. I'll be the first to admit there are some things about the WinAPI that I'm not aware of, but there is NOTHING that ne555, kbw, modoran or some one couldn't step in and answer. Orion Master gave you a viable solution but by your own admission it was outside of your skill level. I'm not making fun of you, it's barely within mine and I've put more then a decade into this stuff. There was a guy who would spam our board with "just use COM" for every question for the longest time and I want to point out that this isn't what's going on here.
I'll even go as far as to say what everyone was thinking but didn't write: That idea that Andy would pull through with a solution for you was slim to nil at best.

@ Orion Master: Stop the kiddie crap, I know that our Windows forum is kind of dead but you don't need to be an attention whore. I personally don't think you are or ever were Averind333, but I suspect that WindowsProgrammer777 is you poking fun at him.
Last edited on
@computergeek: what are you talking about? what request did i make in terms of windows? i know nothing of the windows api except for what a vague idea of whats in it. could you please refer to the post your talking about?
WOW! I am so sorry dude, I thought you were the one who had asked about launching an app when a specific file was accessed regardless of how it was opened. I don't know why I have your tag associated with that thread in my head.
its fine. i was just really confused. that was actually LB. i did take part in that discussion and probably recommended the windows api. orion did say something about hooks which lb said wouldnt work
Stuff like this just makes people want to permanently leave the forums. You didn't have to be so hostile with that. That was uncalled for.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
@Orion

You still want to do that pen testing challenge that you wanted to do awhile back (I believe it might have been in your AV thread)?

I was kind of looking forward to it but you never replied... Wouldn't be nothing to serious since I'm already in the middle of a few other projects but think it would be fun and haven't been able to do any really pen testing other then against my own stuff and metasploitable for a few years now.
Last edited on
Wait so is Orion SpaceWorm or not?
yes
yes

Thank You.

And welcome back SpaceWorm :)
Lumpkin wrote:
Stuff like this just makes people want to permanently leave the forums. You didn't have to be so hostile with that. That was uncalled for.

You have a lot to learn. People leave sites for personal reasons. Rarely is it because of someone being an ass. For example, I too am leaving the site and had considered not acknowledging it and just leave as I know no one will care, but I saw your remark and decided on one last reply. I'm leaving for personal reasons, but unlike the others I won't delete my account so I can come back if I ever get tired of being gone.

If being an ass or annoying ran people off, this site would be dead as there are several users that could fit this bill (myself included).
closed account (13bSLyTq)
Still Up For It.
BHXSpecter wrote:
If being an ass or annoying ran people off, this site would be dead as there are several users that could fit this bill (myself included).

*cough* vlad *cough* even though he was still very informative.

Though I probably shouldn't name and shame because now that makes me look like an ass.
Vlad wasn't an 'a' until the last few weeks he wasn't banned.
Pages: 123