2800 lines Arcade FREE

I'll be giving out a c++ arcade i made during my vacations, as a school project

It took a LOT of hard work, so is it fine if i just give it away like that?
Why would it not be fine?
Who would it not be fine by?
I got Firefox for free. It was just given away. How much work went into that?

*completely agrees with Script Coder*
Linux is another great example of free software.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
Linux isnt free. its open source. theres a difference. red hat costs money
closed account (z05DSL3A)
DemonLoad er wrote:
I'll be giving out a c++ arcade i made during my vacations, as a school project
Script Coder wrote:
Why would it not be fine?
Who would it not be fine by?

If you did it for school, you would be wise to check with your school it make sure they have no IP claims on your work.
Last edited on
Grey Wolf wrote:
If you did it for school, you would be wise to check with your school it make sure they have no IP claims on your work.

They can do that?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I can't speak for all but from my experience, yes.

It is to do with 'payment', the school asks you to do work in exchange for your education...you need to check what they lay claim to.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Linux is free software. Red Hat doesn't pertain to all Linux. Red Hat does this because it's allowed by GPL. There are also "libre" versions of the Linux kernel which replaces all proprietary additions to the kernel (which do not make the kernel non-free in anyway, more of a matter of morales).
and the free versions dont pertain to all of linux. i understand why its allowed to sell it, but its still selling it. so a more correct version would be most distros of linux are free
DTSCode wrote:
and the free versions dont pertain to all of linux. i understand why its allowed to sell it, but its still selling it. so a more correct version would be most distros of linux are free
RedHat doesnt sell Linux, they sell support.
http://rhel.redhat.com/
CentOS is a free build of Red Hat Linux because you cannot refuse changes from the Linux kernel from the public per the GPL license.

Also, you should check out https://kernel.org/#, where the Linux source is kept in a public, free location for anyone who can afford the bandwidth to download, change, distribute, and use.

EDIT: There should be a URL code so I don't have to add hashtags at the end of my URLs to keep appropriate grammar.
Last edited on
kernel is not the entire os. it is a huge part of the os. there is still more that comprises of an operating system
Okay, GNU userland is also completely free. Xorg is also completely free. Almost every popular DE is completely free (exceptions...?). Fedora is a Linux OS that is completely against non-free software and anything that requires royalties (such as the MP3 format). As such it has none (except for a few exceptions concerning device support).
Last edited on
@DSTCode
freedom (libre)
free beer (gratis)
alcohol-free beer $50

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
Freedom to distribute (freedoms 2 and 3) means you are free to redistribute copies, either with or without modifications, either gratis or charging a fee for distribution, to anyone anywhere.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.