Have any of you ever built a radar?

Recently I was thinking about some of the projects I used to build years ago. One of the more interesting ones I built was a motion sensor (interesting because it was different from most of the other projects I built which focused on robotics). If I recall correctly this was a simple transmitter setup to spit out a signal at some frequencya and a big metal plate (receiver antennae) attached to a filter and an Op-Amp. The Op-Amp was setup in a negative feedback loop so that if any change was seen in the signal (from reflection\absorption due to something or someone moving within it's field) it would raise a flag (light up an LED, set off a piezo speaker, whatever).

Now this isn't a REAL radar because it only compares the current state of the input to previous state. It seems like it would be an interesting project to build up from and I was wondering if any of you have any related experience in this?

a: The frequency this operated at depended on what components you had on hand. I remember redesigning the circuit to use the components I had on hand instead of what the schematic I found said to use was my favorite part since it involved some actual thought on my part. Otherwise this was about as difficult to put together as a Lego set.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.