Open-source Playstation 4 emulator project!

Pages: 123
Just back for today. Still fighting personal demons and problems so until I take care of them I will pop in from time to time.
Emulator for a game console?
Bah, forget it. Even probably the computer with the best graphics card available won't be run it smoothly. There are like more than 3 graphics cards in a gaming console. With more processing power than an 8 core computer with multithreading.
And legality issues:

It's legal if you dump the bios yourself from your own console and copy game image files from bought discs.

Servers? Ask sony for permission I guess
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I thought the PS3 had 8 cores. I think it had one GPU. I'm not sure of the PS4 though.
There are like more than 3 graphics cards in a gaming console. With more processing power than an 8 core computer with multithreading.
Pfft. *Chortle*

It's legal if you dump the bios yourself from your own console and copy game image files from bought discs.
"Yes" to the former, "it depends" to the latter.

Emulating PS2 was a huge mess because the architecture was so different from IBM descendants. Particularly difficult was the synchronization between the three CPUs, I understand.
The new generation of consoles can be more or less accurately described as "crippled PCs" (guess they finally got tired of throwing money away training programmers in ephemeral systems. Wise decision, I say). If they're able to get the software right quickly enough, I gather PS4 might be near-perfect emulated within two or three years in then-current hardware.
So they're just mid-spec computers?
Yep, my friend described the Xbox One as "a mid-tier PC from two years ago."
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
All consoles are mid-tier PCs from years ago.

#PCMasterRace
According to the person(woman?)who started the project, in the comments, they claim that they are unable to use Git, or any other repositories due to their Android OS.

http://sourceforge.net/p/playstation4emulatorx8664pc/discussion/general/thread/a1d53a6a/?limit=50#cfc9

Too bad though(I'd love to see a PS4 emulator by 2017), as it has 40 downloads, but no active workers (I don't know how to use Git) and nothing besides a Blu-ray .hpp file with the char name file limit on the filesystem.

Maybe some of pros here can lend a hand, and explain to me Git?

I would gladly contribute some "in work" .hpp files, and take a gander at the Bochs source and see what I can do.
Last edited on
Google it. There's a free book on Git online. For basic usage, you really only use 5 or 6 commands. Advanced use can get really complicated though.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
http://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1

One of the easiest ways to learn the basics if you don't like just reading. You can also look into GUI's for git like Source Tree ( http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ ) if you don't like using a terminal.
Hey everyone! I will be updating my project soon, and I will be adding some source code! In the meantime I have made public access available to the project, so anyone can add code and edit the repository, use commit, push, etc. I am going to soon begin using Git, but if anyone really wants to make this project a reality instead of an idea, we need to get together and code!

I will provide the link here to the project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/playstation4emulatorx8664pc/

1.Public access is available, and anyone can make changes, add source, etc.

2.I added screenshots of in-game hacking attempts, and will add more soon.

3.We're at over 130 downloads this week, and barely any source code has even been added yet(lots of people want to see a PS4 emulator happen)!

4.I have talked with really skilled game hackers/reverse engineers and a few people who say they will help reverse-engineer the Playstation 4's BIOS, firmware, and try to crack the Blu-ray disc formats.

Let's get moving! Share this via Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Reddit, email; tell friends, any coders you know, anyone! Spread the word if you want this project to get somewhere, and you want a PS4 emulator one day!
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
So you are a new user and not an old one that just registered a new user?
Don't you find it odd that this thread was created and suddenly the "PS4 Emulator team" appears to promote it. Think this whole thread is a beginner thinking they will crack a multi-thousand dollar system and gain popularity through it. These kind of projects don't show anything for years. My friend got a team to crack a Playstation game and took him 5 years to do so.
^Yep. I noticed as well. They can't fool us!

After William Harius posted everything got a little fishy. Plus the OP was on this website for weeks and he didn't post anything outside this topic.
Last edited on
@BHXSpecter:

1. If it's an open repository, I don't really see how its viable to claim someone as a beginner, regardless of how much he knows. That statement alone rather demeans open contribution.

2. Even if he is a beginner, everyone starts somewhere. As long as there's basic understanding of the language he wants to use, starting in a location where there's little done is a good way to feel productive, even by the slightest of contribution.

3. CPU/GPU emulation is matter of understanding the architecture and the architecture you're wanting to emulate it on (although this can be abstracted through things like LLVM).

What game did your friend crack? What did it mean to crack that game? Why did it take five years?

And why was my post reported?
Last edited on
@Lumpkin
That has nothing to do with it. I was part of this site for like a year before I ever even posted my first post. What makes it odd is that the OP allegedly found the PS4Emu page, and then suddenly after two pages of remarks the PS4Emu team (used loosely as I don't know if there are more than one person or just one person sock puppeting) appears. Seems a little questionable.
There are like 3 people on this topic with less than 10 post count, and all their posts are on this topic. Something is up.
@computerquip
It's a wonderful thing called an opinion. I hear they are like asses and everyone has one. :P

Though the PS4Emu code makes me shake my head.
Memory Architecture
*/This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details./*
#include "cores_.hpp"
#include "Firmware.hpp"
#include "Cache1.hpp"
#include "Cache3.hpp"
#include "assert.h"
#include <vector>
#include <math>
#include <iostream>
#include <ostream>
struct FSB2
{
// Will continue here 
} */

Blu-Ray HPP
/*
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301, USA.*/

typedef uint8_t BYTE;
static BYTE FILE_NAME_SIZE = 255;
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Pages: 123