setup-x86.exe

ok I have a question . Unfortunately , even in Google , I could not find the answer to my question.

my question is :

how to install a software or a program using
SETUP-X86.EXE
???
So, after Googling setup-x86.exe I've come to think you mean Cygwin?
I think setup-x86.exe is not Cygwin but the installer that installs Cygwin

Cygwin is installed through setup-x86.exe for windows 32 bit and setup-x86_x64.exe for windows 64 bit . I do not know how to install another software or program using setup-x86.exe .

if I am wrong feel free to correct me

any suggestion on how to install a software from setup-x86.exe?
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Cygwin is installed through setup-x86.exe for windows 32 bit and setup-x86_x64.exe for windows 64 bit . I do not know how to install another software or program using setup-x86.exe .

So I am a bit confused on what you are asking since to me it sounds like you are trying to install a different program with the installer made for Cygwin?

If that is the case you can't use Cygwin's installer to install a different software like Chrome for example. It isn't made for that. So instead go download the installer for whatever software you are wanting to install and that will install it for you.
Last edited on
You run setup[-x{86,86-64}].exe whenever you want to install, upgrade or remove any part of your Cygwin installation. First it will ask you to select the installation path, then where to save downloaded files (I just use <wherever Cygwin is installed>/tmp), then you select your mirror, Cygwin downloads the package list, you select your packages, Cygwin resolves dependencies, and then it installs/upgrades/removes the packages.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.