Mobile choice.

Pages: 123
Which is your favorite mobile/smartphone?

And mention the reason.
My favorite phone is iPhone 4s.
reason: small, powerful, fast boot.
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Can't really say iphone is that powerful in comparison to all the many things Android can do in comparison to iOS.

Bit interested in Firefox OS and Ubuntu mobile (think there's a custom tablet being built by Ubuntu as well with relatively high specs). Though really looking for something mobile that isn't so dependent on Java and that isn't as locked down as iOS.

So basically, nothing right now, though i have a Nexus 7. Can't beat prices of Nexus devices.
Last edited on
closed account (18hRX9L8)
For coding mobile apps I pick iOS because there are just too many devices and orientations to test on Android... Windows Phone is not something I'm targeting right now. I guess one downside of iOS is that it's 99$ a year for developers while Android is only $20 one time fee.
I prefer any android mobile phone. Reason for that is because I can root it and easily start coding android applications, use custom roms, run a linux os, and even code in c/c++, even at that c++ can became .apk as well. I do not necessarily have to be rooted to make android apps or use c++อต but changing roms and running another os will recommend root priviledges.

Last time I checked an iphone does not have the ability to create iphone apps on there phones. But in reality most people are aware that the mobile devices we utilize such as iphones and androids have side stolen source codes. I doubt Samsung and iPhones are going to re invent the wheel so they add/removd functions etc. Yeah, they are at war big time.

Also my android phone is small, fast and the battery lasts for a long time. Not as pricey as an iPhone. But owning the LG Lucid II VS870 Verizon, I only charge my phone once every day or sometimes every two days depending on if I barely use it. The model is not famous, but I can tweak it to suit my needs and that is all that matters to me. Gotta love androidism.
Last edited on
closed account (yADwAqkS)
iPhone 5S - reliable, powerful, iOS, not too big, fast, it's made by apple.

I'm not sure which Nexus's are made by ASUS, but I will never by anything made by ASUS.

EDIT:
Can't really say iphone is that powerful in comparison to all the many things Android can do in comparison to iOS.

iOS 7 is way better than Android, especially for programming. and the previous iOS's are less buggy than Android, but way less features.
Last edited on
Right now, I have a Samsung Galaxy SII but after not-quite one year, it seems to be on its last legs -- I was getting seemingly-random reboots for a while (actually I think it was minor blunt force trauma that caused the reboots), and recently I've been getting signal drops. Both have stopped but I'm wondering what the next thing will be. Luckily I've got a spare Galaxy S+ which is about two years old now, but that doesn't support 64 GiB SD cards and for a while it wasn't recognising SIM cards either (though as of 11th August it was working again). It's strange how they seem to break and then magically fix themselves.

The SII is great when it works. It's everything I could possibly want in a smart phone. The battery life's not bad either, I only have to charge it once per day and if I don't use it much it can last 3 days or longer.

I can't really compare Android and iOS because I haven't spent more than a few minutes with iOS.
iOS 7 is way better than Android, especially for programming. and the previous iOS's are less buggy than Android, but way less features.

So you can download a file, view&edit it, rename the file, then send the file by email to someone else ? I don't think iOS7 can do that. Can you plugin a USB memory stick to your phone ? Nope. Can you plugin a mouse and use a cursor ? Nope.

Here just a list of 100 things iOS still can't do...
http://thedroideffect.com/100-things-iphone-5s-still-cant-do-android-can/

As for programming for iOS you can't even develop for your own $800 device for free, unless you jailbreak it. Not to mention you need a Mac.
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Why is it that people have to concoct crap reasons for why there preferred thing is better than others?

Here just a list of 100 things iOS still can't do...
http://thedroideffect.com/100-things-iphone-5s-still-cant-do-android-can/

Was that a joke?:
http://s873.photobucket.com/user/retsgorf297/media/ScreenShot2013-12-08at45619PM_zps83639700.png.html?sort=3&o=0

As for programming for iOS you can't even develop for your own $800 device for free, unless you jailbreak it. Not to mention you need a Mac.

I'm get the developer program ($99 per year) for Christmas. I mean the IDE, Programming language, etc.. Also, great excuse to get Mac too; that's how I got my Macbook. You have to have a desktop computer to develop for android too, just on specifically one OS.

Why is it that people have to concoct crap reasons for why there preferred thing is better than others?

Just one more? Because I said it was better; that's all you need.

Apple makes better stuff. Period.

EDIT: fixed grammar
Last edited on

Apple make different stuff, it is only better if it does the things you want in a way that you want.

In many respects iOS would be better for me but I opted for Android. The more I use Android the less I like it. That is not to say it is bad just that I don't like it.
@Grey Wolf
The more I use Android the less I like it.

Yeah, I used think it would be so cool to have a tablet with Android. I got one. I mean I liked it..., but it just wasn't so great when I started using it.
That is not to say it is bad just that I don't like it.

I know. I never said it was bad, just that iOS is better. I kinda like Android.
I know. I never said it was bad, just that iOS is better.
I know, I'm just making my view clear...
Was that a joke?:

Nope, just google it.

You have to have a desktop computer to develop for android too, just on specifically one OS.

Actually you can use android to develop for android lol.
That one OS is also locked to certain hardware, emulation and hackintosh are both unusable ways to use Mac OS.

Apple make different stuff, it is only better if it does the things you want in a way that you want.

In many respects iOS would be better for me but I opted for Android. The more I use Android the less I like it. That is not to say it is bad just that I don't like it.

It's ppl like retsgorf that make me speak out about iphone. People just blindly buy and say "it's the best" without being able to give any reasons for it. Sometimes I need to do something practical on my device and iOS just doesn't provide that.

Prime example:
retsgorf597 wrote:

Lol.

I have an itouch running iOS 1.1.1, it does everything i need which is:
1) play music (though it's almost not able to do that anymore, it lags really badly and can't play music without stuttering)
2) browse the web when there's internet and im bored
But you don't see me saying omg it's the best. period. <- fanboyism (you)
Last edited on
Prime example

That was more just a joke, but it is true. :P

It's ppl like retsgorf that make me speak out about iphone.

I knew somebody would "speak out" like that. For some reason, whenever you kinda insult/say something bad about Android or Linux, most people on this site go insane.

It's ppl like retsgorf

I'm getting effing tired of hearing that on this site.

Sometimes I need to do something practical on my device and iOS just doesn't provide that.

You can do a lot of practical stuff on iOS.

EDIT: I have used Apple products for a long time. Right now I have a macbook air, ipad, ipod touch, and maybe an ipad mini soon. And, I have never had any problem with them.

But you don't see me saying omg it's the best. period. <- fanboyism (you)

Shut the heck up. Everybody on this is about Android and Linux, almost.

EDIT 2: I'm not just "blindly" saying this stuff about Apple.
Last edited on
That was more just a joke, but it is true. :P

It's not a joke if you think it's true.

For some reason, whenever you kinda insult/say something bad about Android or Linux, most people on this site go insane.

Not really, linux and android aren't perfect. You are just making shit up now. There are plenty of things i don't like about android but when it comes to the bottom line it does a lot more than iOS and i support their open development.

Linux is great but hardware manufacturers don't support it as widely. It's fast enough though that I can just run it in a virtual machine on my Windows machine in full screen mode.

I'm getting effing tired of hearing that on this site.

Not to burst your bubble again but this is probably the first time i've seen anyone say that on the site. And it was non the less me who said it.

You can do a lot of practical stuff on iOS.

When i say practical stuff i mean work related, not just a play thing or to keep in touch with people.
Last edited on
Not really, linux and android aren't perfect. You are just making shit up now. There are plenty of things i don't like about android but when it comes to the bottom line it does a lot more than iOS and i support their open development.

Uhmm...I made a comment about Linux being basic and got six or seven replies basically calling me stupid.

Not to burst your bubble again but this is probably the first time i've seen anyone say that on the site. And it was non the less me who said it.

I get that a lot on here.

When i say practical stuff i mean work related, not just a play thing or to keep in touch with people.

iWork (made by apple)
Uhmm...I made a comment about Linux being basic and got six or seven replies basically calling me stupid.

Link ? Sounds more like people were informing you of what linux can actually do.

I get that a lot on here.

Links.

e:

Also looking at some of the comments of iWorks, it sounds really awful for iOS. I doubt it supports saving in a standard format so you can, for example transfer it to a windows machine.
Last edited on
It be too hard to find it, since I closed the account that had it in "my topics". But, I will google it anyway.

EDIT: I can't find it right off, but I know for there was something like the second thing in the living in a black hole thread by zereo
Last edited on
I 'm done with this I have some stuff to do. Try actually thinking about some of this stuff and you can figure it out :P
Link ? Sounds more like people were informing you of what linux can actually do.
There are a lot of people that need to be informed about what they slag off...before telling someone what there proffered system can't do you(in general) had best make sure that it can't do it.
Pages: 123