gta series

closed account (1v5E3TCk)
Hi guys I wonder that how do they port gta to every system. Everyone says android only supports java but gta is coded in C. How gta run on android?
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
this should really be in loune... they just wrote java code... they can write it in two different languages. what do you think happened when angry birds was ported to chrome, or android?
Yes I posted it wrong place sorry. But gta is a really big if you compare it to angry birds. They cant be coded everything again. Even if this is true there would be differences between pc and android version but they are all same.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Android apps don't need to be coded in Java... You can now quite easily code Android, IOS, Linux, Windows and pretty much most platforms including embed systems in QT with the release of QT 5.2 (Tried it out last night and gotta say I am liking it so far).
It's surprisingly easy to rewrite an already-written program in another language. Especially when the new language is so similar to the original language.

Most of the content in a game like GTA is going to be data, not actual code. And none of that needs any work done.

Though I question whether or not that's what they actually did. I don't see any reason why it couldn't have been coded in C for Android.
Last edited on
They cant be coded everything again.

says who?
Even if this is true there would be differences between pc and android version
once again... says who?
pretty much most platforms including embed systems in QT with the release of QT 5.2
Best. Christmas. Ever. I had no idea.

I don't see any reason why it couldn't have been coded in C for Android.
is there an apk compiler for c then? because that contains all of the data it needs to install an android app
thanks rb... this keeps getting better and better. just out of curiousity... are all qt apps made with qreator slow on startup or is it just the linux build?
I said them :D even if you try to code same thing in c++ you can get several Results, isn't it really hard to code same game with different languages?
not really. ive seen it done. i would have to dig up the games though
closed account (9wqjE3v7)
Most of the content in a game like GTA is going to be data, not actual code. And none of that needs any work done.

This is true, I looked their data files a while back, and they were used for many things including weather patterns, vehicle behaviour/colour/mechanics and mission scripts.
Yeah, even in college we were told to make the core of your game in whatever language you want and then do everything in scripts. Though it was kind of odd because we were using engines that basically were coded and our games were nothing but scripts.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.