burning an iso to an sd card on linux

closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
so i torrented a copy of backtrack 5, and want to burn it to an 8 gig sd card (i ran out of dvds :( ). im on linux though and forgot how im supposed to do it, beyond that it involves dd. if someone could please help...
will it install to my sdcard though?
if I remember correctly it should install on an sd card, you just have to choose that specific drive when choosing your target drive. I'm pretty sure it will let you.
It'll install a LiveCD to your SDCard.
If you opt-in for it, you can keep some SDCard space to keep data between different sessions, so if you restart your PC you will still have your files.

I really suggest the first one, that's the one I use like ALWAYS for this kind of things.
cool thanks. ill do that right now
closed account (3qX21hU5)
On a side note if you like backtrack I would also recommend you check out Kali Linux also, it is a major overhaul of backtrack by the same dev team. Personally I prefer it much more then Backtrack.
Last edited on
is it still security oriented? the resaon im using backtrack is because i want to get into encryption and security starting by testing the vulnerability of wifi networks. i found a tutorial that shows me how to break into wep/wpa networks with backtrack and how to protect against them
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Yes it is think of it like Backtrack to the next level. They did a complete remake of all the security tools provided (Removed out of date ones and added new ones) and other nice changes.
ooo cool ill check it out
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.