I lost my interest in study! Can anyone give me inspiration?

Pages: 12
Remember kids, friends don't let friends program high.
Working in both robotics and security are tough, competitive industries. My first advice would be that you need to regain your interest in study and hold that interest for another eight years at least (given that you are 14). Do as well as you possibly can in all your exams through school & college and you will get the career you want.
Thankyou Matts & All for your help! :)
Now programming is like my passion, Im sort of addicted to it.
If I dont understand it / get a bug in my program, I feel as if Im about to DIE! LOL! THATS A NIGHT MARE!
Please understand me!
Am I mad / something, I dont know!
I love programming thats all!
Please help...:/
Learn do use the debugger. That will give you the idea what's going on in your program. Step by step and line by line. Even when it seems to work
Try intellect Tree seeds. Thos actually are healthy, and can increase your mental capacity. Do your research though.
Try intellect Tree seeds. Thos actually are healthy, and can increase your mental capacity. Do your research though.
Sometimes doing less or in small portions means doing more. If you focus too much soon you will get exhausted anyway. There are some simple but rarely practiced things you could try. I always forget to follow them and they are so simple as eg. just to drink enough of water. There is good list of them: http://how-to-concentrate.latestnewsfrom.net I would just add one more: leave what you do for some time - eg. a week - and try to come back to it afterwards. For me it is like a reset for PC and some cooling for a CPU. I especially see it in the morning. When on previews afteroon I can't manage to solve a simple problem, in the morning I just wonder how dump I was not to be able to do it.
Why don't you combine programming with studying? If you do something you like while studying it might seem more interesting and enjoyable. You could write a program that quizzes your latest study material, thus killing two birds with one stone: letting yourself program, while reviewing material at the same time.
well said by CaptainBlastXD
Close your book and just close ur eyes; imagine your in the future and imagine what u will be. Then look at ur book and say if i don't read this i will curse myself for the rest of my life

try to think about ur future......
get self motivated , it is the best kinda steroid. just try to enjoy the subjects you read and feel the pleasure of getting good grades and the appreciation given to you , talk to your teachers so that they will also try to buildup your interests. And at last, try to relate every topic you study with practical things in everyday life it'll gonna help you a lot in understanding and memorizing without the need of great efforts.
all the best!
Last edited on
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
well said by CaptainBlastXD
Close your book and just close ur eyes; imagine your in the future and imagine what u will be. Then look at ur book and say if i don't read this i will curse myself for the rest of my life

try to think about ur future......
get self motivated , it is the best kinda steroid. just try to enjoy the subjects you read and feel the pleasure of getting good grades and the appreciation given to you , talk to your teachers so that they will also try to buildup your interests. And at last, try to relate every topic you study with practical things in everyday life it'll gonna help you a lot in understanding and memorizing without the need of great efforts.
all the best!

;)
It works on me all the time. Just thinking about being Bill Gates
It works on me all the time. Just thinking about being Bill Gates

that's nice :D
Last edited on
For me, I find if i do anything too much I lose interest in it. It doesn't matter if it's coding, reading, playing video games, or any of a hundred other things I like to do.

I try to find the right balance between doing something for fun and burning myself out from over-doing it.

Just pace yourself and maintain interest in learning something new each day and you will get there.

I like to read a few pages or write a few lines of code then go for a walk, kick a ball around, throw a frisbee, etc just so I don't over study. I think there is a term for trying to hard and losing interest, "Study Fatigue"?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12