Who here acctually buys movies, music tv shows, e.t.c.

Pages: 1... 45678
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Meh. I'm just going to keep watching and see if I start to like him. I'm not very far in the series.
How far are you?
I just watched the episode where Micky stayed at the alt universe. I got really mad after that and took a break instead of watching them back to back like I usually do.
! I think the Satan Pit is next.

OOoooooo you're in for a treat when you pick it back up.

EDIT: oh wait.... no.... Idiot's Lantern is next. So not quite there, but almost.
Last edited on
I'm looking forward to the next episodes, hopefully they make up for what they did to Micky.

I seriously hope they don't do anything stupid like that again >_>.
Idiot's Lantern:

*cops Burst in*
Doctor: [trying to stall]. Now wait a minute, there are three very important, brilliant... and complicated reasons you should listen to me. Number 1...
*gets punched in the face*
Ha, I'm actually gonna put that on now. Around what episode does the next doctor come in? I'm not gonna skip or anything, just curious.
Matt Smith starts at Season 5
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Speaking of piracy, here's the next best thing for the C++11 standard provided by open-std. A few typos beat the hell out of forking out the $30 for a pretty version. Seems to be legal too.

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3337.pdf
The published standard has a lot more typos than n3337: see the list of changes http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3338.html
Last edited on
Have there been any substantial changes between n3337 and the current publication?
it's the other way around, 3337 is the first post-publication working draft.
Right...so 3337 is sort of like (C++11 + C++14) / 2?

I guess what I'm asking is: Is it a good idea to rely 3337 for the current standard?
n3337 is sort of like C++11 + spellchecker (modifers, behavor, ...). Yes, it's a fair representation of the current standard.
closed account (oGbjE3v7)
BHX wrote:
Community kitchens are set up in almost every city in the US to get hot meals to those who are homeless or can't afford food

You understand there is more to the world than just the US right ? In fact the majority of humanity live outside of the US. In any case as someone else mentioned the state of the kitchens, have you even been to one of them ? I'd suggest volunteering to work at one sometime ;).

BHX wrote:
To me it is black and white, grey only comes into the picture when you let your feeling influence your interpretation of things.

Gray comes into the picture when there are contradictions. Killing and thieving are wrong, as you would say, so in the situation where it's either thieve or be killed (that is theoretically you holding the gun by stopping their thieving) it doesn't matter which you pick they are both gray. Saying your not responsible for killing them by stopping them from thieving is some bullshit you would tell yourself to clear your conscience of their death.
izrex wrote:
Gray comes into the picture when there are contradictions. Killing and thieving are wrong, as you would say, so in the situation where it's either thieve or be killed (that is theoretically you holding the gun by stopping their thieving) it doesn't matter which you pick they are both gray. Saying your not responsible for killing them by stopping them from thieving is some bullshit you would tell yourself to clear your conscience of their death.

I'll assume that you meant stopping a thievery by killing the would-be thieves. I think it's pretty obvious which the greater of those two evils is, unless the thieves were stealing a vaccine supply that would otherwise save the multitudes or some other fringe case. Not claiming responsibility is a sin. Justified actions are not. At the end of the day, it all boils down to doing what one thinks is right. You can only do what you can do. Subjectivity sucks, doesn't it?

http://i.imgflip.com/65mdh.jpg

@Doctor Who
Dexter is still my #1 favorite show of all time. Justice Delivered.
Last edited on
@izrex
I love when someone replies to what they want to in order to satisfy their argument. You only replied to the first part and completely ignored the second.
Original comment:
BHX Specter wrote:

There is no reason for them to steal or starve. Community kitchens are set up in almost every city in the US to get hot meals to those who are homeless or can't afford food. Red Cross and other organizations sent billions of dollars in food to countries where hunger and poverty are inclined.

As for volunteering at a kitchen, you shouldn't assume. How do you think I knew my city had a homeless shelter and kitchen to begin with? Because I do volunteer and donate money and food. As I said to another user, not all shelters and kitchens are bad and doing that comparison is like saying all nursing homes abuse patients and all hospitals give terrible care to patients. Some may very well be like that, but not all of them.

izrex wrote:

Actually the police tell you never to fight back and to do what they tell you. To this day they still say that going along may save your life, but fighting back will almost guarantee injury or death.

Grey area is just perception, it is the area between two extremes where personal feelings control the outcome. There was a pharmacist sent to prison for murder because he shot a thief and then shot and killed him when he fell to the ground. The customers said he was a hero and did what had to be done in order to save everyone, but the jury voted otherwise and declared he was guilty of murder. Perception, the jury's perception was that his acts of defense went too far and became murder.
Sending money and/or supplies to countries makes them dependent on you. It is an insulting thing to do that. Please never send money and/or supplies to other countries - instead, send teachers that can re-teach to them how to live independent lives instead of depending on money and supplies from other countries.

I had to say that, it really bothers me a lot.
Last edited on
People can do what ever they want with their money. Not sure why/how it affects you or how it insults you that redcross is trying to feed the starving.
Pages: 1... 45678