Cross-Platform v. Native?

Pages: 12
closed account (oGbjE3v7)
And I really don't know, why you'd write apps in C++?

Cross platform, as far as i know Java doesn't run on iphone/ipad. Actually kind of curious what google will do if oracle actually wins that lawsuit or w/e that is going on.

Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA are years ahead of any C++ IDE.

What exactly makes them years ahead ? Eclipse's gui is probably among the worst and cluttered i've ever seen, you can customize it to some degree at least.
rapidcoder wrote:
Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA are years ahead of any C++ IDE.

That is an interesting statement because I use Geany for all my needs.
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Not sure if we're talking about what the IDEs are written in or what is written in the IDEs.

If it's the latter (it has to be, right?), the last time I checked, reliable refactoring support for C++ was barbaric at best with netbeans being in the lead.

I'm not sure if any C++ IDEs support editing the binary at runtime during debugging either. When developing JS2EE in eclipse, it's possible to live edit the source of the currently running application (HotSwap).
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
izrex wrote:
as far as i know Java doesn't run on iphone/ipad.
Does Java run on Android? As far as I remember you only use the Java language when writing apps for Android. You write against the Android API (a clone of the Java API) and compile to Dalvik. On the device it is a Dalvik VM that is running.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I'm 99.9% sure that someone has written a JVM for iPhone.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12