Publishing in apple and android store

Hello , I just made a simple pong game in sdl-1.2.5 and i was thinking of publishing it somewhere to get some response , the 2nd thing is will it be possible to use it on i-phone and android how can that be made possible.
I believe that SDL is Cross-Platform, but, if you want to make your app Cross-Platform, I think you will need to get compilers for the appropriate platforms, and you will need to verify that the rest of your code is Cross-Platform (i.e., only Standard C++, not the Microsoft Standard).
AFAIK i-Phone apps have to be written on Macs in X-code. I'm not aware of any easy (or AFAIK legal) workaround to this.

Android apps are generally written in java using the Android API. I did a quick Google and found this: www.dinomage.com/2013/01/howto-sdl-on-android/ but everyone I know who writes Android apps is using Java + Eclipse + Android SDK.
xcode is an ide. you need to compile using the obj-c compiler, with the linux equivalent being gnu-step which is an obj-c like framework for the gnu c compiler. i dont know if it supports the cocoa framework which is used for writing apps, and i dont know if apple supports sdl
xcode is an ide. you need to compile using the obj-c compiler, with the linux equivalent being gnu-step which is an obj-c like framework for the gnu c compiler.

While it might not be necessary to specifically compile with xcode's compiler, you certainly do have to be compiling on a Mac.
ah yes you appear to be right. there seems to be hacky solutions on google, but they seem to cost a lot of time
Thank you all and Is it possible to make an app using unity 3d or DirectX and than publish it on android and iphone market
I think Unity can be run on Android and Apple devices if the user downloads Unity Player. Bear in mind a Unity license is around $1500 though (I think). DirectX is not supported on these phones.

I currently make games that run in HTML 5 + JS. This can be run on all devices so I highly recommend it. I use Game Develop for this: http://www.compilgames.net/

Edit: For clarity and link.
Last edited on
Thank you Mats but on their website it's free to download and use unity 3d and the drawback of making game on HTML is you can't sell it like in app store ps what kind of language does HTML 5 use
Last edited on
Thank you Mats but on their website it's free to download and use unity 3d

Correct and correct, but it is a limited version of unity: http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

and the drawback of making game on HTML is you can't sell it like in app store

True, but you can make ad revenue from it as a free game. You can also include in-game pay for items/levels and to be honest, you can make just as much, or even more money from free to play games.

ps what kind of language does HTML 5 use

Javascript and erm... HTML 5

Edit: Grammar.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.