What language is best for a beginner in programming?

Pages: 12
Technically the OP's request was to take the survey and discuss which was better for a beginner language and why.

I have it on good authority that the spam and thread derailment is mild in the Lounge compared to the other forums though.

You can change your major to cross dressing cheerleader if you want. Spouting off total bs as 'advice' is of no use to the OP and instantly made you a troll in my mind. After all, why would you be on a programming site if you are going to tell every beginner to give up on programming if they are over 10 years old?

I started when I was 13 years old, others started between 10 to 16 and are good at it. Some people can program, and some can't..it is just that simple. Those who can't can learn, but only if they are truly dedicated to wanting to be a programmer.

What? I'm giving my honest opinion. How is that being construed as trollish? And saying that you started at 13 years old only reaffirms my opinion that programming isn't viable when you reach a certain age and I wish I'd known about that. That's all.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong then. Maybe there is an excellent way to teach someone who's 36 how to learn all these crazy patterns and technical language to pass c++ programming. I certainly haven't found that, but it doesn't mean someone else hasn't. See what I mean? I'm just putting my experience based on my own trials and tribulations.
Maybe there is an excellent way to teach someone who's 36 how to learn all these crazy patterns and technical language to pass c++ programming.
Sure there is. At 19, it took me 2 years before I started getting something done. What you need is to find out is the best way for you to learn (disch made a post about this somewhere recently).
Programming is a job for the mind, so as long as you can think straight you can do it. Don't expect to find a good paying job as soon as you can program though. You either are very lucky or you have to start with internships just like 20 years olds.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12