Game Challenge

Pages: 123
Probably, only thing I ever considered reporting him on was what lumpkin means as it is inappropriate.

Yes I nitpick, but it is because I see the holes in the challenge that need to be addressed. The fact that he has had to change requirements once would already indicate it was ill planned. The whole premise of the challenge is to emulate the trouble Carmack had in the 90s making Quake. In order to do that you would have to use a VM to emulate the hardware during the time of Quake, the library that was used (which was OpenGL from what I remember) so you would have to get the OpenGL at that time, you would have to use C, and use x86 assembly in order to do a challenge to emulate what Carmack went through making Quake. Otherwise it isn't emulating anything he went through.

closed account (N36fSL3A)
John pretty much only used Assembly for the software rendering module for Quake.

This is just something that I'm doing, and I was wondering if someone else was.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just Googled that. Time for a name change :D
Whoa, notice how BHX was the only one who knows what that means? Anyways it's a nice challenge. Take it or leave. There are no holes, just your own personal problems. Leave it be. I do not accept the challenge though.
Lumpkin wrote:
EDIT: Holy crap, I just Googled that. Time for a name change :D

Yeah Googled it months ago. Thought it was a reference to a game or something so you can imagine my surprise when I found the Urban Dictionary meaning. Since no one ever brought it up to you I just left it alone, but since you came back I felt it had to be addressed because I always thought of that definition every time I saw you screen name. Was a little disturbing.

RealGiganitris wrote:
There are no holes, just your own personal problems.

I love how my nitpicking gets on the nerves of programmers here, but have been complemented by other programmers in the industry for it. Been told for the last 20 years that it was a good quality because it means I am picking apart everything when I am programming and have an eye for detail. I don't consider it a problem at all.
I love how my nitpicking gets on the nerves of programmers here, but have been complemented by other programmers in the industry for it. Been told for the last 20 years that it was a good quality because it means I am picking apart everything when I am programming and have an eye for detail. I don't consider it a problem at all.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. A lot of people now days have thin skin and can't take criticism (I mean this as a general statement not as something directed towards anyone in this thread).

Debating something will help flesh out possible problems or details that haven't been thought of so it is a good thing to do. Would hate to see a code base where everyone just went along to get along ;p.
Last edited on
Been told for the last 20 years

So when you were in highschool someone from the industry was complementing you? I don't get why you keep posting that 20 years in every thread, reading your bio it seems for most of that 20 years you weren't programming at all and have almost nothing to show for it but some empty projects on git or wherever. 20th anniversary of writing first program != 20 years experience.
This is just unnecessary violence...
closed account (9wqjE3v7)
In what way did their post indicate any violence?
The truth hurts, people would rather live in blissful ignorance of the fact.
It's a metaphor, it doesn't actually mean violence. Either way, itz rex's post didn't need to be reported.
It's a metaphor
- A metaphor? The context you have used it in makes no sense. That is not a metaphor as far as I'm aware. Anyway, tangent ended.
Last edited on
I think it fits well...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metaphor
So what was 'unnecessary violence' meant to *abstractly indicate/resemble? To me, while I agree his post was not a particularly nice nor necessary thing to say, it seems more like you made an exaggeration than anything else. I'm not arguing with you, only questioning.
Last edited on
Nah, truth never hurts, but his brand of truth gets him in trouble regularly. He already admitted he had been banned at least once and can't be kept away from this site so I don't pay him any attention.
Nah, truth never hurts, but his brand of truth gets him in trouble regularly.
Who are you talking about?
Fredbill wrote:
Who are you talking about?

itz rex
What's itz rex's original username?

EDIT: Guessing xerzi
Last edited on
I think his original name is: "itz rex."
He already admitted he had been banned at least once
Which means that he had an account before.
He already admitted he had been banned at least once

Where did he admit that? So your brand of truth is just making stuff up. You could easily prove me wrong by posting any number of projects you've completed within the last 20 years. I've not seen any. Nor have I ever seen you post any sort of code to help benefit anyone with you're magnificent 20 years.
Last edited on
Pages: 123