We're Building Iron Man

Pages: 12
you know, I'm hoping that by the time armies of "iron men" are created, there
will be no use for them in battle. A guy can hope, right?
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
War is in human nature. It will never stop.
Fredbill, that makes me think of my favorite quote from a game:
Fallout 3 wrote:

War. War never changes.
Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes.

In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as vaults. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them - all except those in Vault 101. For on that fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die.

Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters, and no one ever leaves.
@Fredbill
Did you ever read Thomas Hobbes philosophy theories? Mainly "Social Contract" one?
Wikipedia wrote:
in a "state of nature" human life would be "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short". In the absence of political order and law, everyone would have unlimited natural freedoms, including the "right to all things" and thus the freedom to plunder, rape, and murder; there would be an endless "war of all against all"
Actually to make robots for fighting might be more dangerous because hackers always exist. For example an army makes 1,000 of them for a start, and theιr enemies hire hackers to hack the robots and then turning against their "masters". What do you think?
Last edited on
A saving grace - Robots + EMP = End of robots.
The US already has robots in military operations. As for Iron Man, there have been tons of reports since the late 90s of exoskeleton suits that enhanced strength or helped people gain mobility, but the suits and power supplies had always been bulky until recent years. I doubt we will have any "Iron Man" suit (ala Marvel's Iron Man) in this forum's lifetime.
Obviously nobody here believed it was going to be anything close to Marvel's Iron Man. :P
Those with vision believe even the impossible. The heads of the companies making those suits have been on news saying they drew inspiration from things like Iron Man. One day it will happen, just a matter of when.. which is why I said this forum's lifetime as I suspect this site will be around a long time.

Vision, dedication, drive, and capital are the main ingredients for success (or straight jacket).
But we aren't talking about the future, we're talking about now.
Now is just the past's future. What is common place now was thought to be science fiction in the past. What we think is science fiction now will be common place in the future.

First Iron Man suit, next flying cars, teleporters, starships, etc. Amazing how progress keeps moving forward ;).

Just think of this, if it wasn't for vision and progress, we wouldn't have computers, internet, this site, or anything else that we take for granted everyday.
BHXSpecter, you're getting off topic now.

An Marvel Iron Man suit simply isn't possible to create with our current technology.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12