Texas Weather

Pages: 12
CodeGazer, read the article I linked, it's a survey of all actively publishing climate scientists that found that 95% of them agree on this matter. Follow the citations at the bottom, I did. It's a good place to start

Fredbill, Global warming doesn't mean temperature is going straight up everywhere. It's the average temperature of the world that is increasing. When this happens, it causes the earths climate zones to shift and change. During the process weather patters will be come more erratic and severe.
Thanks Cheraphy will take a look at it but would much prefer a actual study on it rather then a survey.
I agree that certain human activities are depleting the ozone layer.
I disagree that any human activities are significantly affecting natural cycles to a detectable degree.

If you look at graphs of the global temperature over millions of years (of which I cannot find links to), we happen to be on the rising edge of a crest at this moment in time. It's too difficult to tell how much humans are affecting the natural cycles.
Last edited on
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Interesting Read:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/17207-al-gore-forecasted-ice-free-arctic-by-2013-ice-cover-expands-50
closed account (z05DSL3A)
http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/global-warming-cartoon.jpg
@Canis Iupus -- those goals (in my opinion) have no direct correlation to "global warming" / "climate change" or whatever doomsayers call it. The goals in the cartoon should be (again, in my opinion) the focus instead of a largely unfounded theory that may be exploited to leach resources that could solve actual modern day problems.

Simply put -- the cartoon is backwards.

When I look at the cartoon, I see on the presentation real problems that can be definitively solved. There is no need to use "apocalyptic" pretenses to justify solving them.
wow, that went way over your head...
Canis Iupus wrote:
wow, that went way over your head...

Could you explain how so? If anything, I feel it went under my head...then again, I make no claim at being an "intellectual scientist", so I might be mistaken.
Last edited on
Al Gore is an idiot. Just sayin.
@Canis lupus: Luc Lieber was offset by the title in the URL.

@Luc Lieber: Canis lupus didn't have any part in misnaming the image file.
Yes there's climate change: the weather changes all the time, so what?

To say the climate is changing is like saying the earth is revolving around the sun: it's not that big a deal.

Really, when Al Gore's horribly inaccurate predictions failed, because he was a liar, they started calling "global warming" "climate change", because "climate change" doesn't say anything about the weather. The weather is always changing, and to say that it should be as predictable as the next phase of the moon is just foolish and niave.
the weather changes all the time, so what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_global_warming#Projected_impacts
That's a big list of what.
Seems like the largest built up areas of America and China are both heading to a potential sea-rise disaster! Not the worst affected of all countries, but it's amazing that they seem to be surprisingly vulnerable to this.
Could you explain how so?

You said “those goals… ”, those would be the benefits that you would get from tackling the ‘human contribution’ to climate change. You also said ”I see on the presentation real problems that can be definitively solved.”, the jist of the cartoon is that it doesn’t matter if the they are correct or not, if you address the concerns raised the world will benefit anyway.

So I say it went over your head because you misunderstood the cartoon, that’s all.

-----------------------------------------------
they started calling "global warming" "climate change", because "climate change" doesn't say anything about the weather.

Climate is all about the prevailing weather conditions in an area in general or over a long period, they started calling it climate change because the populous is too dumb to understand that even with a general increase in the average temperature of the earth, some areas will be colder due to changes in the weather patterns. It would appear that even this is baffling to some people.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12