Is it true? xbox360 emulator!

Pages: 12
Doing a google search will reveal many free xbox360 emulators. Before I get too excited, I pause. This just screams, "Howdy fool. Download this mal-ware."

I was wondering if anyone was brave enough to try it? Did it work? Can you post a trusted link?

Thanks all.
Did it work?
Think about it: there is no even PS2 emulators with good compatibility and perfomance. In best case it is satisfactory.
PSP, NDS emulators are not perfect too. And they are slow on modern gaming PC!

Just imagine spec which would be needed to succesfully run XBOX360 emulator.

As for your question: No. There is no Xbox360 Emulation. However there is emulators for XBOX360. Just to say.

Your best bet for such information is emulation entusiast forums.
Last edited on
Gaming PCs have always been way ahead of consoles, however emulation and virtual machines are only recently possible and are still being developed. The nice thing about XBox is that it is very similar to Windows, especially from a programming perspective, so emulation may not even be required in some cases - it may just be a matter of tinkering/hacking the game and setting up a good environment.

But, I have little to no experience on this subject matter, I'm just saying what I think I know. I could be pretty wrong ;p
it may just be a matter of tinkering/hacking the game and setting up a good environment.
Dxbx, an Xbox1 High Level Emulator written in Delphi. Dxbx has it's own kernel, emulates controllers, sound and graphics, and offers a toolchain for Xbox executables, library and symbol-pattern files. It runs many SDK samples and a few games.
Sadly, no. Most advanced consoles which can be emulated now is PS2, PSP and Wii.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Think about it: there is no even PS2 emulators with good compatibility and perfomance. In best case it is satisfactory.
I don't know; the pcsx2 emulator works pretty well on a more than 3 year old laptop.

And the creators of consoles create emulators for their consoles as well; I don't see what you mean.
pcsx2 cannot run a good bunch of games. Dead or alive for example. Latest Armored Core games runs slowly on i5 CPU. It does not emulate PS1 compatibility layer in PS2.

Creators of consoled does notcreate emulators because it is makes no sense to do that. Emulators are imprecise program by definition, so all developement is done on actual consoles.
Wait, hold on. Couldn't you theoretically bypass the speed problem by emulating via Just-in-Time compilation? After all, you can JIT-compile the code for another platform and it will execute at essentially the native speed.

The only problem with this approach is the long development time.

EDIT: Put the "theoretically" there to clarify what I mean.
Last edited on
creators of consoles create emulators for their consoles as well

Proof.

so all developement is done on actual consoles

Development is done on PCs actually.
I remember seeing a "how it's made" episode on game development, which showed the game being run on a PC with a PS2 controller hooked up to it.

Also, in Indie Game The Movie, I saw Fez being run on a PC running Windows 7.
Last edited on
Neither of those imply an emulator at all....
Development is done on PCs actually.
You can develop even on list of paper, but you need actual console with devkit to run, test and debug your game. Sure, dev tools are running on connected PC, but you cannot say that you developing wihtout devkit.
Couldn't you theoretically bypass the speed problem by emulating via Just-in-Time compilation?
PS3 processor had had 8 different processing units, one PowerPC architecture and others some other with unique instruction set, worjking in parallel and making a heavy use of unportable SIMD commands. Graphic chip is no simplier. Metal Gear Revengeance which was ported to PC from PS3 actually have less that 60 FPS on medium range modern PC even in theory it has more advanced hardware.
That is a bonus of fixed hardware: you can optimize more than if you develop for some unknown range of devices. That why MacOS tends to be running smoothly on not-so-good hardware of MacBooks: It was designed to run on it.
Fredbill wrote:
Also, in Indie Game The Movie, I saw Fez being run on a PC running Windows 7.

To develop for Xbox 360 or Windows phone you have to develop under Windows. I don't think it requires an emulator to test them.

http://xbox.create.msdn.com/en-US/education/tutorial/2dgame/getting_started
I didn't even know Fez wasn't a PC game. I've even imagined roommates playing it on their laptops!

EDIT: According to Wikipedia:

Platform(s): Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade), Windows (Steam), Linux, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
Last edited on
Wikipedia wrote:
The game was released as a yearlong Xbox Live Arcade exclusive on April 13, 2012 to critical acclaim, and was later ported to other platforms.
Last edited on
Yeah it was a XBLA exclusive and when it became popular he ported it though I don't recall it ever appearing on the Playstation Store for their systems. Though, he doesn't have thick enough skin to develop games and canceled Fez 2 right after some guy made a rant about him and then claimed it wasn't because of that guy.

[EDIT]
The Playstation platforms are expected to be out March 25 according to Polytron's twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/Polytron/status/440502126058303488
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/fez-turns-heads-on-ps4-ps3-vita-march-25th/

Last edited on
I trust the collective wisdom of this group for sure. If there is no xbox360 emulator, then what are these jerks trying to get people to download?

http://pcx360emulator.com/
Only one article posted soon after site creation.
Little amount of comments posted soon after article publication none of which contains any criticism.
No forum or something similar.
Creation Date: 2013-10-02 15:06:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-10-02 15:06:00Z
Registered only four month ago and for only one year — pattern used by doorways and scam websites.
Using WHOISGUARD, registered by Enom, hosting on Unifier Layer notorious for hosting fraud websites and sending spam.

No references to it in largest emulation communities.

Totally not scam.
Yeah I find it odd that it was copyrighted 2013-2014 and is suddenly on version 4 and able to run such a new game as GTA 5 with no problem.
Upon running the EXE it says there is a new version to download and takes you to fileice.net to download it, but you must fill a survey to continue. So I can confirm is a fake site.
You guys are braver than me. I would not have gone so far with it.
Pages: 12