I have 33 posts...

Pages: 12
So, the response to that is insult me? That doesn't seem ideal.
33 posts is 21H, so blackjack?
@NoXzema

Majority of cases != Always
Mats, what are you referring too...?
Oh I meant after I said:
Furthermore, I think many attributes associated with high or low post counts in the majority of cases hold true.

And after you said.
Do you think such responses were justified?

What I mean was that in this case, obviously they are not justified. However, taking just this one example and then to go on and make a general statement about how people treat others due to post count on this forum and the morality of it citing this thread as evidence is not much evidence.

Btw, who are you?
I see. Well, I didn't mean to imply that everyone does it and that it always happens. However, my experience was less than grand from what I was hoping was an educational discussion. Of course, before I left previously, some comments were made that I don't believe were justified either despite how long I had been here and how many posts I had made at that time. Perhaps it's just a general negative attitude? I only raise a stink about it now since I think the attitude taken towards me would have been different had my post count simply been higher (specifically, the sections about calling me a troll and asking me to leave).

If it's not clear, my previous account was computerquip. Some of the older members are already familiar with the name from IRC. I don't feel that it's /that/ relevant to know who I am though.
I don't feel that it's /that/ relevant to know who I am though.

Because name recognition is the only other thing to go by. Now we know that you are a positive contributor. Also, your previous account carried a lot of weight here, or did you forget how the "No Homework" rule became official?
While I understand that some of the newer members break rules, I don't think the attitude taken towards them are validated just because of that. Perhaps formal warnings without aggressiveness or requiring they take a quiz before being able to actually post. For as mad as some people get at new people posting incorrectly, I don't think appropriate action is being taken to reduce issues.

Although, everything is probably on the shoulders of twicker really...

EDIT: The idea that if everyone knew who I was during thread that I would be treated different is the entire problem I'm trying to address. My words were no more or less valid regardless of who I was.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12