Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 89101112... 36
closed account (iAk3T05o)
Because He's perfect. He cannot be scientifically proven because He made science. He knows the end and the beginning and He knew people will want to believe in want they see and so He put the science out there. He gave you freewill to choose which ever path you desire but will guide you towards Him, if you don't follow Him, you follow His creation. He can make someone come up with a law just like He can make a law unproven. Everything is His. He made the universe but knows people will try to prove that. You can't prove His existence because that sort of perfection is not humanly possible.
You will argue continuously about what you see but He can make that thing disappear. He can something out of nothing.
Last edited on
I'm stepping out of this debate. It has already gone off-topic plus people are just repeating points again and again. At a point, there is no answer to "Why", "If" and "How". I don't think I've changed any of your views of the world, neither did you of mine. And I doubt that'll happen so easily. Take a break guys, this topic has gone far enough - 9 pages.
@Nathan2222 - Interesting. How do you know that? Did god himself told you, or did you come up with it by yourself? Because right now you're throwing some statements which you treat as they were true. How do you know that?
He knows the end

Quantum mechanics forbids this. Anton Zeilinger has a great way to phrase this, which goes something along the lines of: Give God the right to not know; maybe he or she wanted the universe to be more interesting to them.

Mats, you seem to misunderstand "nothing is impossible". He made the it. You believe in it because it was made to accomodate you.
Quantum mechanics forbids that because we are humans. God does not have limitations. Man cannot know the end, God can.
Anton has a scientific mind, a limited mind.

@matthew: Take a peek into the bible.
@Nathan - So we came into this. You see, the problem is; how do you know that bible tells the truth?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
That makes perfect sense...apart from the fact it is the easter bunny not God.
The problem is, your thoughts are scientifically inclined. With all this, how can you argue if you don't know what made the big bang take place because scientifically speaking, it made everything and till that's proven, science is almost factless.
I am not trying to prove God exists, you are. If someone where to tell you hitting a rock will bring out water, you won't believe. If a scientifically inclined person told you combining hydrogen and oxygen gives water, you will agree because it's science, something you can see. Science makes you believe in limits.
Last edited on
Nathan2222, I get the impression that you don't really understand science.
-The greatest scientists removed the most limits.
@Nathan - Thanks for not answering to my question. I'm asking it again.
And we're not talking about the same science, aren't we? Because you see, thanks to this bad science that's so factless, we can cure many diseases that were common back in the times hygiene and cures weren't too popular, and god didn't care to help people. Right now if your heart fails, we can try to heal it. Someone with "repaired" heart may not be fully satisfied, but if it wasn't for this science we gave him, he would be dead.
Science isn't all about big bang. We don't need to prove that big bang happened or not for science to exist. If what you're saying was true, than we wouldn't be able to drive a car - because car wouldn't exist.
They didn't remove any limit. They were given just enough knowledge to get by those obstacles so that they can be presented with new ones.
There is no limit other than the one you believe in.
You think science provides cures to sicknesses and diseases, fyi, some people don't take medications and they live longer than science infested people. God helps, you don't have faith that's why you believe God doesn't help.
Last edited on
I find it hard to fight the nonsense. I hope that you're under 15 and are just about to learn more. Maybe then you'll understand what we're saying. Right now you're throwing your opinions or things that doesn't really happen, but you sure believe you're right. It's impossible to have conversation when we talk about facts, achievements of humanity and science, and you just say "You're all wrong guys; god is right!".
Not mentioning avoiding questions.
So why did god create sickness and disease?
God didn't create sickness, man did the moment they ate the forbidden fruit.
@matthewrock: you don't believe that some people don't take medication for sickness?
Last edited on
In that case, Nathan, since I really don't see why not to ask:

Why did God create light while knowing that the only purpose of light is to create difference and hence, evil? In a sense, is light then evil? In which case, I ask again: Did god create evil?
Last edited on
God didn't create sickness, man did the moment they ate the forbidden fruit.
So god, the creator of everything, didn't create sickness and disease ; man did.

And how do you explain good god fearing people dying horrible deaths from nasty diseases and not curing then? Is this perfect god vengeful? sadistic?

If god is perfect and infallible, it must of known that its creation would succumb to the temptations that it created for Mankind in the garden of eden, so it must have wanted that, why?

They had the chance to not eat the fruit.
Man created sickness. When Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, they had everything and when i mean everything, i mean everything. Animals of any type were their pets, their friends. They had no reason to hurt us. God asked only one thing from them in return for everything, don't eat the forbidden fruit. They had everything but couldn't resist the temptation presented by the devil in the form of a serpent to eat it. Like heaven and hell. They had the choice to resist the devil and realise that a creature of God won't ask you to disobey God but they decided not to. Once they did that, animals and other creatures became our enemies. God put a rift between us and them. He said that snakes would hurt us and we will hurt them. That made the diseases.
They gave Adam and Eve everything and only one thing was asked in return. I consider ourselves lucky that God didn't do something worse.
What kills those believers is lack of true faith, not just faith.
Fyi, God tempts no man, He has no reason to. That's satan's job and satan failed when tempting Jesus (human)
Last edited on
I think you guys should go here and debate.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/index.php

@ispil: Evil exists because there is choice. God gave man choice. Choice to do good or evil. He gave us that freedom. satan, once an angel of God (an archangel to be exact) didn't want to bow down to man. He had choice but chose not to bow down to man. Michael, an archangel was given the power to banish him from heaven. He fuels evil. Evil exists because we have choice.
God had the power to take away choice but that won't be our lives, it will be a predefined life.
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 89101112... 36