Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 1516171819... 36
closed account (iAk3T05o)
Gecko it is.
I kinda feel like I'll just drop it here and leave this topic:

http://www.hqhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/arguing1.jpg

Because it describes situation so perfectly that no more words are needed. I just realized that talking with a person who doesn't agree to accept obvious facts, and is afraid to tell his age, is beneath my dignity.
So we go from the topic of adoption by gays to a fierce debate on religion to making fun of others? Just great...the topic changes so fast and the thread extended to 17 pages with totally offtopic arguments.
closed account (iAk3T05o)
It's wonderful you found the picture i was looking for. They used a bird rather than a Rock. A Rock has no ears so you can keep on talking and try to explain simple things (choice, freedom) but it just won't hear you.
Last edited on
Nathan2222: Your earlier display of undiluted hubris showcases quite nicely what I consider to be man's biggest flaw, and why I think Abrahamic religions are a poison that has corrupted the earth long enough. The fact that you can say stuff like that without a shred of doubt, despite not even understanding what you're arguing against is what makes you even scarier than psychopaths. Why? Because psychopaths know that the wrong things they do are wrong. You and people like you, on the other hand, can be convinced to do anything, given the right arguments, and can be convinced that the things you're doing are nothing short of righteous. Inquisitors firmly believed that they were helping their victims, and religiously-inclined suicide bombers firmly believe that their mass murders will be rewarded in the afterlife.
Doubt is our only hope.
closed account (iAk3T05o)
I thought that would end the thread but a bakugan doesn't want it to.
You don't understand religion, do you? I don't think so considering the atheism.
You don't believe in the afterlife, no problem. You've probably heard of Thomas the doubter, he's in the bible. He got what he wanted.
Last edited on
@mats: are you sure? I find it odd a plural noun is talking to me. How many mats are you?


Mats is my first name. It's a perfectly legit first name. WTF dude? You suddenly think anything that ends in 's' is plural? Rude. =/

God is on my side so I can be an ass to everyone and think I'm better than them all, all while being mocked for completely ignoring and even denying the science which lead to the very technology I'm using to post on this internet forum.

I really hope you see the light one day.
What is a bakugan?

Rather, it's often because people understand religion too much that they choose not to follow a religion. You keep quoting the Bible but you clearly ignore the negative attributes that conflict with what you say which is fine. Religion requires blind faith and you choose to ignore logic. I'd like you to at least admit that you're ignoring logic in order to say the things you do.
Last edited on
closed account (iAk3T05o)
@mats: joke. Sorry.
@noxzema: what is this logic?
What is a bakugan?
i believe its a card game
You don't understand religion, do you? I don't think so considering the atheism.
That makes the assumption that if you understand religion you would not be an atheist. This assumption is incorrect.

You don't believe in the afterlife, no problem.
again an assumption. It is perfectly possible to be an atheist, be religious and believe in an afterlife.
Nathan2222 wrote:
@bill: what's a nerve? How am i getting on the nerve when i'm in my house? Your grammar is confusing me. Please, use ABC's I applied for a job last week but i didn't get it so i decided to start grade one again. I'm the oldest in the class at 2,222 years. So no, i'm not yet at 5th grade.
Okay, so I've determined that you're a 1st class troll.
Last edited on
Oh, I understand religion. I was raised a Catholic until my early teens.
It's just that
a) I don't see the point, when we have better tools to understand the world.
b) For the things those tools don't work, religion doesn't offer satisfactory answers, anyway.
c) Even if it did, the benefits would not compensate for the cost of the mentality it tends to instill in its followers. In a world without fast global communications, maybe, maybe, but that's not the world we live in.

You've probably heard of Thomas the doubter
Nope.

he's in the bible. He got what he wanted.
Oh, so in a book that asks for faith from its readers you found a story badmouthing doubt. No shit?
Doubt is antithetical to faith. Faith is a bad thing for the faithful. You're not a better person for believing unfounded statements. You're just gullible, and more susceptible to the kind of people who write bibles.
closed account (iAk3T05o)
@bill: ever heard of sarcasm.

Bakugan is not a card game. It's a 2d animation and helios is a character in it.
I don't have a problem with science even though it created as much bad as good and probably caused only about 10% of everything on earth to exist with some endangered, leaving the 90% extinct.
Take for instance the Bible references you make. Not only are they not really direct passages and some of them are taken out of context of their story to provide a supposed lesson, you're completely disregarding the fact that the Bible isn't something that can possibly be taken as logical source. All word is written by man as it cannot be proven otherwise.

You believe that a deity wrote a text that is infallible but you pick and choose what you wish, meaning parts of it are fallible.
You don't even consider that the text may be infallible and written by man.
The text is only considered infallible by other men, who are fallible.

There are simply too many gaps to say that your belief is logical. I once had a basic philosophy class in college. The first day, 8 people dropped out of the class, all of which are Christian. I know this because I questioned all of them. Of the 8, 7 said that philosophy is not compatible with their religion, since religion requires faith, the near opposite of logic. The 8th was pissed that the teacher insulted them (which he didn't... directly).

You should understand that your point of view is rare, even among Christians. The intelligent can find happiness in ignoring logic. It is those that aren't so intelligent that find answers in ignoring logic. I can't help but find this rather true, even if a bit rude.
https://www.google.com/#q=bakugan

It's a card-trading game that also had a show, similar to Yu-Gi-Oh (I think that's how you spell it)

I don't have a problem with science even though it created as much bad as good and probably caused only about 10% of everything on earth to exist with some endangered, leaving the 90% extinct.
Are you like 10?
Last edited on
no bakugan is a card game: http://www.google.com/#q=bakugan&safe=active&surl=1
there is a show for it and it looks helios might be one of the characters. i dont know. i havent seen it.

edit: ninjad
Last edited on
closed account (iAk3T05o)
@fredbill: i put probably in there in case i was wrong.
@noxzema: first of all God didn't write the bible but everything in it represents him and what he is, thus "the word is God". Little Bobby Tables even said this and it was ignored. The bible was written by man. If you want to know how close the believers of Christ were to God, go to revelations in the bible. I am not telling you to read it to gain understanding but to see what i mean. Logic and religion have a place with me but logic can't decide my religion.
Last edited on
Nathan2222 wrote:
@noxzema: first of all God didn't write the bible but everything in it represents him and what he is, thus "the word is God". Little Bobby Tables even said this and it was ignored. The bible was written by man. If you want to know how close the believers of Christ were to God, go to revelations in the bible. I am not telling you to read it to gain understanding but to see what i mean. Logic and religion have a place with me but logic can't decide my religion.
Technically since man wrote the Bible, they could have lied about parts.
Last edited on
first of all God didn't write the bible but everything in it represents him and what he is, thus "the word is God"
Why are there so many versions of the bible? And why is it man that wrote it and chose which books to include in the work and which to reject (I thinking mainly of the coptic scriptures).
Pages: 1... 1516171819... 36