Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 1718192021... 36
No kittens in hell.
closed account (10X9216C)
Looks more like you are pointing out the flaw of having a rating system and the select few that like to abuse what little power they can conjure.
Nathan2222, he does that because you've clearly wasted everyone's time. Which is fine, you didn't ask us to waste our time, it was our choice.

But if you're actions on one forum show negatively, its bound to show negatively again if you join another. You've clearly not changed in mindset and you don't have the actions to show otherwise.

Instead of insulting him, you should have shown a more mature stance on the matter. You are probably 11 or 12 (seriously) so you may not be there yet, but maybe eventually. You should learn sooner than later.

EDIT: I don't think it was right of BHX Specter to post any history of anyone unless their intentions are truly malicious, which is arguable at the moment. Yay for grey area morals.
Last edited on
On a side note, is this the longest thread in cplusplus.com history?
Nope! I distinctly remember one making it to 25. Not this quickly though.
closed account (iAk3T05o)
I didn't insult him ( or at least that's not how i'll insult anyone).
I respected him two posts about me ago, now it's more of the fact i feel you shouldn't insult anyone online.
The longest thread i've seen had 1000 posts.
In the end, we didn't get through to each other on this thread.
GrantPlusPlus wrote:
I think this topic has the potential to produce some interesting opinions and ideas on both sides of the spectrum, but only if we tolerate each other's opinions and listen to what they have to say.

Open mind and maturity. How do they work?
Nathan2222 wrote:
@BHX: Now i'm certain you are jobless.

Yes, he is. But the reason is that he has a family that needs special care. Atleast, he is a responsible person who is taking care of his family instead of dumping them. So I think it was kind of rude of you to say that to him.
@stormboy: i knew that. That's why i begged him not do it again and why i don't like insults against people because you don't know the situations of people.
I apologise to BHX.

Finally:
i've realised that there are:
1) people who believe in God and his true teachings, like and know science but neither believe in it nor compare it to the words of the Bible (i'm one of them).
2) people who choose not to believe in God either because of fear or misunderstanding and the fact that it's easier to believe there's no God.
3) people who don't believe in God but believe in science.
4) people who believe in science.
5) people who don't believe in God
Again, i apologize.
Last edited on
The ugliness of this thread is almost unbearable ALMOST.:)
it's easier to believe there's no God
How so?

PS: Atheists prefer the phrase "no belief in God" to "belief in no God" due to the connotations of the word "belief".
Last edited on
3) people who don't believe in God but believe in science.
4) people who believe in science.

Science doesn't ask you to believe. You either understand it or you don't.

In fact... it's exactly the opposite. Science begs to be questioned and challenged so that it can correct and improve itself.

Anyone who asks you to believe science doesn't understand science.
Last edited on
In any case, science is not the collected body of knowledge acquired through it, but a method whose purpose is to refine information. Saying "I don't believe in science" makes as much sense as saying "I don't believe in Quicksort".
I think it was more of evolution than science but anyways if things didn't evolve/adapt then they wouldn't last very long as a species.
"Where has God gone?" [the madman asked] "I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. We are his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained the earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing?

"... Where is God? God is Dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves?

-Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science

Whoops I spelled Nietzsche
like this Niettzcshe
Last edited on
@helios: Well, it's one of the reasons some people believed to be believers die in really awful ways. They're doing it out of fear. The arguement they come up with in the bible is "you will go to hell if you don't believe" but if it wasn't in the bible, it would mean God didn't care because no one will know what will happen if you didn't believe. It's easier to believe what you see, believe there's no hell or heaven, there's no God but hell is real but it's the fact that hell is real that makes some people scared. If they don't believe in it, they won't experience the after life but they will experience it.
@drockso: did you seriously bring gay science?
Last edited on
Well, belief isn't something that's voluntary. Someone doesn't just choose to believe or disbelieve something. If anything, believing in an afterlife would be way easier. That's the whole point of religion. We are scared of dying, so we come up with stories to comfort ourselves.

Would you take my word if I said that I just saw a 20 ft tall horned monster with splotched skin? You probably wouldn't believe me until I showed you a photo of a giraffe. The fact that I was right doesn't make your disbelief wrong; it just makes me terrible at describing things. You were absolutely right not to believe me.

Maybe the Bible is true, but until someone comes forth with more compelling evidence than "the Bible is true because the Bible says it's true", I'm forced to remain in disbelief.
Belief and believe. I'm not sure they are similar. The latter i believe may not be voluntary.
Belief = noun.
Believe = verb.
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 1718192021... 36