Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 1819202122... 36
Nathan2222 wrote:
Belief and believe. I'm not sure they are similar. The latter i believe may not be voluntary.
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Last edited on
closed account (iAk3T05o)
Why did you write random dots and symbols in no particular order (&)(.\_)? :/
Anyways, what i meant is that "believe" is the act and may or may not be voluntary. Belief is voluntary, your belief is atheism and you chose that out of free will, mine is christianity and i chose it out of free will, it was my choice, voluntary.
Last edited on
Could you define "belief" and "to believe"? They're generally understood to mean, respectively, "the acceptance of a claim as true", and "to hold a belief".
According to you, there'd be no contradiction in saying "I believe in God but I have no belief in God"? What would that mean, exactly?
Nathan2222 wrote:
Why did you write random dots and symbols in no particular order (&)(.\_)? :/

It is a Picard Facepalm http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130417063925/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/f/f4/Picard-facepalm.jpg
@helios
LoL xD
I guess i was misunderstood and gave my reply based on your example. I may have misunderstood you.
@BHX: thanks. I was (and am) seeing a wrong half oval with lots of \ signs on every line (about 4-5 per line) with { and & in between it.
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Nathan2222 wrote:
your belief is atheism
That makes no sense.
You've heard it from my view. Now, hear it from an atheists view. I hope it changes some of your views:
[url = "http://www.everystudent.com/wires/atheist.html"] Please read [/url].
There are two other articles at the end of that one that answers other questions.
Last edited on
You can try and convert us all you want it's not going to work.
So Nathan, I have a serious question for you, IF we met some intelligent aliens someday, would you continue to believe in your god? How about if we just found life somewhere other than Earth, that wasn't intelligent, but was definitely life (like bacteria or something)?
Yeah, no chance an atheist wrote that. That's more like what missionary Christians would hope atheists were.

Anyone heard of bicameralism? It's a bit unscientific, but a very interesting hypothesis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_%28psychology%29
You want to know the possibility of finding an alien? Read the bible.
God created the heavens and everything that exists.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." -- Richard Dawkins

That's the thing. You dismiss the thought once you feel the possibility of God's existence.
Why did you feel the need to call it bicameralism? Are you so certain that every atheist behaves in a particular way that that would make that article fake? If that's the case then i don't exist because that's what game development forums seem to me making me not the ideal beginner.
Last edited on
You want to know the possibility of finding an alien? Read the bible.
God created the heavens and everything that exists.
you might as well say "read The Hobbit, dragons exist".
Dragons do exist. Check revelations in the bible. In fact, it's in other places in the bible too.
I feel the thought of the possibility of the existence of God scares you.
Then you must be scared of the possibility he does not exist?
You dismiss the thought once you feel the possibility of God's existence.
You keep talking to me like I'm rejecting the possibility that God exists. I'm not. I'm rejecting Christianity's claims that He does.

Why did you feel the need to call it bicameralism?
This is such an irrelevant question that I'm not even going to bother answering it, because I'm certain that you wouldn't understand the answer anyway, else you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

EDIT: I forgot this last point:
Are you so certain that every atheist behaves in a particular way that that would make that article fake?
Yes. More to the point, I do not believe that someone who spends time reading various philosophers would be convinced by such stupid arguments as the fine-tuned universe. Such a person does not exist.
Last edited on
I have nothing to fear. Did you read the article? It's something i experience. It something a former atheist now believes.
He exists and i know it.
I feel the thought of the possibility of the existence of God scares you.
Why? If it scared me I would be more likely to be one of the people that say they are religious, but don't really practice it, just in case.

I take the view that you are scared to question your own belief. How did you come to your belief by the way?
Pages: 1... 1819202122... 36