Adoption by Homosexual Couples

Pages: 1... 3233343536
closed account (z05DSL3A)

1) We were created by God.
2) We were created by nitrogen or sulphuric acid or some weird thing called a big bang.
God created all things, so he created all the elements and conditions necessary for evolution to produce the world we have today.
@ James2250: How is your world view any different from his? Do you think science exits because of science and that everything discovered and proven* should be the end of all questioning on that topic? You sound like you're in the same type of bubble only on the other side of the argument.

*: Let's define proven as something expressible mathematically.
Well, you can't believe in a 6 day creation and evolution at the same time.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if some Christian scientists were on this forum?
closed account (9E360pDG)
@james:
Where did you hear me say the world is flat?
-
Why would anyone be banging his head on a wall? Do you want to die, Or is that a science ritual? :/
@disch:
Me, study how i didn't evolve from anything but i'm being told i did when i can clearly see the truth in front of me? Not a chance.
-
I believe in the possibility of doing the things you describe, that's how i went > -200 on gd.net. What you consider magic is as normal as breathing to me and what i consider hard, to you, is impossible. There is no limiting logic for me.
Remember, "I can do all things through Christ" so there's no magic.
-
If you actually think that the evil (general not specific) in this world will last for 1000 years, you are mistaken.
-
Experience is the best teacher, so when you 'experience' the after life you so delibrately ignore for the evidence which you do not want to see, you will know the truth. I sincerely hope you experience a good one.
-
Anyways: [url=http://christiananswers.net/evangelism/beliefs/atheism.html ]
Last edited on
Well, you can't believe in a 6 day creation and evolution at the same time.
How long is a day to god? Why assume his time scale is the same as ours.
@ James2250: How is your world view any different from his? Do you think science exits because of science and that everything discovered and proven* should be the end of all questioning on that topic? You sound like you're in the same type of bubble only on the other side of the argument.

I don't think science "exists" because of anything, it's just our way of trying to explain what we see around us.

If anything I believe in the exact opposite of what you suggested, the entire point of science is to keep questioning everything you find based off of evidence and keep building on that. As soon as someone says "that happened because of God and God wanted it and all science is that way because of God" you might as well stop searching for the answer to anything.

Where did you hear me say the world is flat?
--
Why would anyone be banging his head on a wall? Do you want to die? (Or is that a science ritual?) :/

......Not sure how serious but don't take everything quite so literally.
@ Canis Lupus: Nice one, I was going to go in a different direction but to the same effect.

@ Superdude: Who said the days were consecutive and not just six separate instances of intervention?
@Computergeek01

*: Let's define proven as something expressible mathematically.

This is a terrible definition of proven. Proven in science means that all observational and experimental studies in which proper method was used have agreed with theory. It takes just one correctly performed experiment showing an idea to be incorrect to disprove something. Maths can represent many things that aren't proven. e.g. String theory can be expressed mathematically, but it's far from proven.
@ Mats: That's fair, but you do see the need to narrow down what is "provable" though don't you? Otherwise regardless of his response I could just back peddle and say that I really meant something else or I could just keep asking "why? why? why? why...?" until we reached some point that he could not explain. Neither scenario seems fair to him.
How long is a day to god?
A day is measured by the time it takes a planet to rotate around it's axis. A year is measured by the time it takes a planet to rotate around it's sun.

So depending on which planet he "lives" his days could be very long and the years very short for example Venus, a day there is 243 Earth days and a year there is 225 Earth days.
Nathan: That the brain has the GIGO property is easily provable:

Me: My room is 4 m by 5 m. Could you tell me the surface area?
You: 20 m^2.
Me: Incorrect. It's actually 25 m^2. The measurements I gave you were off. How come you weren't able to give me the right answer regardless?
string Jokes[3];

Jokes[0] = "The ego is strong in this one";
Jokes[1] = "Don't take his blanky, it is the only thing they really have";
Jokes[2] = "Hay Nathan you have convinced me of the lord. Shortly after my conversion I realized how much I have sinned and how much I have displeased the lord. I wanted to repent for my sins I wanted to please the lord. This morning I was on my knees pleasing the lord you should have seen me Nathan how vigorously I pleased him, he said it was okay to taste the forbidden fruit. After 7 minutes the lord showered me with his glory and what not. I have seen the light and some of it got in my eye. It was quite a sight to see, then he blessed me and said I was always welcome in his kingdom";

EDIT
I changed 10 minutes to 7 minutes.
EDIT added line
I have seen the light and some of it got in my eye.
Last edited on
@Computergeek01- Yes I saw proved needs defining. It just needed the correct definition.
Me, study how i didn't evolve from anything but i'm being told i did when i can clearly see the truth in front of me? Not a chance.

How can you see the truth when you are refusing to look? If you do not educate yourself, you will remain ignorant... clinging to two-thousand year old traditions.

Regardless... I know there is no chance. I'm pretty sure you'll be stuck in your bubble forever. And while that makes me sad, it is nonetheless a fact I'll have to live with.

There is no limiting logic for me.

At least you admit that you are not logical. Though why you see that as a good thing completely confounds me.

Experience is the best teacher, so when you 'experience' the after life you so delibrately ignore for the evidence which you do not want to see, you will know the truth.

What evidence am I ignoring? The only 'evidence' you've offered is "the Bible says so". Which as I said before is not satisfactory for me. "I read it in a book" is not proof.

Evolution is not accepted just because someone wrote about it in a book. It's accepted because there are a multitude of things we can look at in the physical world which suggest it's true.

Conversely, I've listed pages of articles, with links to external published papers of physical evidence (ie: not conjecture, but actual physical things that have been observed and recorded -- real world items). None of it seems to mean anything to you.

If only you held the same burden of proof up to Christianity that you hold up to Science.

SuperDude wrote:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if some Christian scientists were on this forum?

Yes. It really would.
Last edited on
@disch: you consider me less ignorant and illogical than i consider you.

You are willfully ignoring evidence. I am not.

Again... I ask... what evidence have you offered to support your position?

I am fully capable of having my opinion changed. I've changed my views lots of times in the past. All it takes is more compelling proof than what I already have.
Last edited on
There's just no arguing with the stupid mind, is there?
closed account (9E360pDG)
@disch:
You are also willfully ignoring evidence.
[b]
Scroll to the last answer [url = https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130927232615AAB72fx ]
-
Another: [url = http://carm.org/atheists-you-wont-find-god-that-way ]
-
Another: [url= http://christiananswers.net/evangelism/beliefs/atheism.html ]
-
Another: [url = http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/do-atheists-really-believe-there-is-no-god/ ]
-
Another: [url = http://creation.mobi/trust-the-bible ]
Read all of them to the end
[\b]
@helios: You are right, they made no mistake in the bible when they said;
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. . They are
corrupt" Psalm 14:1
Last edited on
You still didn't mention any evidence Nathan all you do is quote a book. I could say I read somewhere that god wasn't real and quote it, would that make it anymore true than your statements that he is?
All Christians I have spoken to recently seem to believe The Bible was written by God himself/herself/whatever. (The way they act with it anyway).

Why can't I use my Harry Potter book to explain how the universe was created? I bet I can find a spell somewhere that explains it, but it isn't logical to do so.
Last edited on
Creation took place in 6 earth days. Read Genesis.
So you do take the book literally.
Pages: 1... 3233343536