NASA secret technology

Pages: 123... 7
closed account (z0My6Up4)
Do you ever wonder about the advanced secret tech that NASA now has? Just think that in the 1970s they had smartphone technology. By now they must have stuff that would look like magic if it came out. What type of advanced tech do you think they have at the moment?
I think they certainly have UFOs.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Well considering NASA has serious funding issues (which their workers say every time I watch a documentary on it) atm...

Just think that in the 1970s they had smartphone technology

Source?
It's accepted knowledge that they had smartphone tech back in the 70s during the Apollo period. Plus I've read books on the subject.
Last edited on
Are you going to give any sources?
@Mats
You mean you never heard of the Rotary Smartphone? It was all the rage in the 70s ;).
closed account (N36fSL3A)
The processing power of the computer that sent a man to the moon proves otherwise ;p
Accepted knowledge isn't any serious source. I'm not saying it's not true - it's possible - but source is always nice.

And I don't actually udnerstand what "smartphone technology" is. I'd be more curoius about defining it, then giving source about it happened.
Smartphones as we see them today, are mostly used for casual users. These are quite powerful, but at the same time not too useful.
Unless you mean that they could send small ships with high specs to space, I don't understand this technology.

And yes, I believe that some larger government organizations focused on research could have a knowledge that we wouldn't believe. But at the same time... Would they keep it for themselves, through all this time?:P
@BHX - You're right! http://tinyurl.com/pjgxtxr
@flint
Actually your smartphone has substantially more computing power than they used to send a man to the moon

http://knopfdoubleday.com/2011/03/14/your-cell-phone/
Today I Googled it and it was as expected, terribly slow computers by today's standards:

Frequency 2.048 MHz
Memory 16-bit wordlength,
2048 words RAM (magnetic core memory), 36,864 words ROM (core rope memory)
Weight 70 lb (32 kg)

Taken from wiki, but I looked at some other places and they agree with wiki. The iphone 1 had a 600MHz chip and 128MB of RAM... iPhone 5 has two 1.3GHz chips and 1G of RAM.

@Mats. Read "Dark Mission. The secret history of NASA" by Hoagland and Bara.
Oh well, that makes it fact. It appeared in a book and we know everything in a book is always factual. Just like we know the internet has to always tell the truth and be honest.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Oh well, that makes it fact. It appeared in a book and we know everything in a book is always factual. Just like we know the internet has to always tell the truth and be honest.

Next you will be saying the bible aint true. (^_~)
You guys can go ahead and keep stalking NASA for all of their "secret technology". I'll be watching DARPA, that's where the real magic comes from these days.

As for UFO's, it's funny you should mention them. As part of my April fools day salute I'll be sending off black helium balloons with LED flashers tied to them tonight. I think most people will be smart enough to know what it is after a half second, but I like to imagine that I'll trick at least one poor sap.
As part of my April fools day salute I'll be sending off black helium balloons with LED flashers tied to them tonight. I think most people will be smart enough to know what it is after a half second, but I like to imagine that I'll trick at least one poor sap.

OMG that sounds fun. I wish I was there with you ;_;.
@ Stormboy: You're more then welcome to imitate me, I won't take offense. Especially considering that one idiot posting online about strange lights above his city is nothing. But if we can get half a dozen in different parts of the world describing the same thing...
closed account (z05DSL3A)
sending off black helium balloons with LED flashers.

I'll have to remember this for next year.
OMG great idea Computergeek01!
Clearly there are a lot of people that don't seem to understand what the annual 'black budget' of the USA is and where it goes. $55 Billion in 2012 spent on projects that neither you or me know anything about. I wonder how much the black budget is for 2013?

@BHX you can keep your head buried in the sand and surround yourself with yes people but I will not change my view of what is the real situation.
Last edited on
Pages: 123... 7