NASA secret technology

Pages: 1... 567
That's the whole problem with society these days. So many people believe that just because someone else believes something different then them that somehow they need to convert that person to what they believe and "save" them.

No longer is it that we can have friendly debates without stooping to mocking insults and calling people idiots for believing something different. It seems like we live in a society where there is no tolerance for beliefs and opinions that don't coincide with our own.

I am sorry to bring this up out of no where and interrupt the thread but I have watched for pages people gang up on flint because he likes to believe in conspiracy theories and might think different then most here.

Now granted he had some (Or maybe most) of it coming to him but a lot of the comments that insinuate that he is somehow a idiot or unintelligent because of believing in that stuff is just out of line.

If you want others to respect your beliefs and opinions then you need to respect theirs too. Plain and simple. I am not trying to take anyone's side in this thread instead I just want to point out that instead of automatically dismissing other's beliefs and opinions and mocking and insulting them why not actually hear them out and debate them in a friendly matter instead?
Last edited on
It's well known they got all this secret knowledge from the FSM.
If you want others to respect your beliefs and opinions then you need to respect theirs too. Plain and simple. I am not trying to take anyone's side in this thread instead I just want to point out that instead of automatically dismissing other's beliefs and opinions and mocking and insulting them why not actually hear them out and debate them in a friendly matter instead?

It's not the beliefs, but the methods and evidence. Dismissing anyone else's views as incorrect when they are based on experimental evidence and good science and then assuming your own views, that are backed up mainly by just one author with a huge bias on the subject, are correct and then calling that an objective view. That's where the problem is. =/

flint wrote:
Seriously anyone reading this thread can see that I pinned you down numerous times, but other people would chime in and change the subject completely.

You haven't pinned me down once in this thread. All you have done is repeatedly use bullshit conspiracy theories to try and prove conspiracy theories and have not offered one shred of proof or fact.
closed account (z0My6Up4)
CodeGazer wrote:
That's the whole problem with society these days. So many people believe that just because someone else believes something different then them that somehow they need to convert that person to what they believe and "save" them.

No longer is it that we can have friendly debates without stooping to mocking insults and calling people idiots for believing something different. It seems like we live in a society where there is no tolerance for beliefs and opinions that don't coincide with our own.

I am sorry to bring this up out of no where and interrupt the thread but I have watched for pages people gang up on flint because he likes to believe in conspiracy theories and might think different then most here.

Now granted he had some (Or maybe most) of it coming to him but a lot of the comments that insinuate that he is somehow a idiot or unintelligent because of believing in that stuff is just out of line.

Of course you are right brother. You can see the response to your post also in that people either ignore it or redefine what you have written to suit their own end.
Last edited on
It's well known they got all this secret knowledge from the FSM.
i was told they use AST's, but you would know better than me

You can see the response to your post also in that people either ignore it or redefine what you have written to suit their own end.

please link to an actual post of someone doing that because i havent seen it done once
closed account (z05DSL3A)
CodeGazer wrote:
That is not a problem of 'these days', it has been like that for a heck of a long time.

and wrote:
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands."

It is not necessarily the belief but the way they argue said belief. The more idiotic an argument becomes the more you think the person making the argument it an idiot. Is it polite to point out idiocy in an argument? Probable not but then we don't always have to be polite we are not all Canadian after all.

and wrote:
My beliefs and opinions don't demand the respect of anyone else so I don't have to automatically respect anyone else’s. And before you get your nickers in a twist about that, not respecting is not the same as disrespecting, I try to take a neutral stand point and see how substantive the argument is. Unfortunately this one was more comical and unfocused, so my posts have not been serious.

Anyway, flint, if you took my previous post as an insult, I apologies. It was only meant as a light hearted ribbing.
Last edited on by Canis lupus
My beliefs and onions don't demand the respect of anyone else

your onions deserve better then
Sorry that should have been 'briefs and onions'. ;0)
closed account (10X9216C)
BHX wrote:
You haven't pinned me down once in this thread. All you have done is repeatedly use bullshit conspiracy theories to try and prove conspiracy theories and have not offered one shred of proof or fact.

Well the both of you have something in common then, you're both bullshitters.
Last edited on
Well the both of you have something in common then, you're both bullshitters.
actually link to a post before making an accusation like that
BHX Specter wrote:
All you have done is repeatedly use bullshit conspiracy theories to try and prove conspiracy theories and have not offered one shred of proof or fact.
I would expect proof and fact to be a little scant when talking conspiracy theories but a more substantive argument would have been nice.
Sorry that should have been 'briefs and onions'. ;0)

thank you. i was starting to get concerned
actually link to a post before making an accusation like that

He can make the accusation all he wants, but it means nothing to me and means even less coming from a anonymous new user.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 567