• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Paranoid About People Stealing My Userna

Paranoid About People Stealing My Username

I don't know why, but I'm extremely paranoid about people stealing my username on online websites. I think it's pretty original, and I actually like it, so I started going on an account-making spree (Childish, right? :P) on websites even if I'm even slightly interested in creating an account there. I try not to put it to waste, and interact with the community there.

I'm just wondering if anyone else does that either. This has ended up with me making accounts on child-dominated sites such as Roblox (I plan on helping people with Lua scripting there, not to actually play games or anything. And I should mention that my name was already taken >_>), or even just casual browser games. I want to know if I'm the only weird person here. :P
Last edited on
I'm just wondering if anyone else does that either.

Never.

In the rare instance that "Disch" is already taken, I go to a fallback like "Dischster" or something.
I always have a heck of a time with my username. In most places it is too short, so I use LB--, but then some places don't allow dashes, so I have to place udnerscores before or after LB (and yes it apparently is common, many variations are taken on twitch and GitHub) and then some places are letters-and-numbers-only so I have to use LB725C which I hate.
I've never once gone somewhere where my username is already taken :)
No, it helps being able to make variations on your username.
In order of preference I use
Lachlan Easton (only if the site allows connecting my Google account)
LBEaston
eLBEaston
e_LBEaston

I've never crossed a site that had all of those taken.
Don't know how you'd do variations on your name though...
Last edited on
ResidentBiscuit
ResidentialBiscuit
ResidentialPastry
BiscuitResident
etc...
He may have been talking to the OP LB.
@Op
I mainly just use Gibby, Gibs, or Giblit. I don't really care though if they are taken which is not often. I wouldn't go out of my way to create a bunch of accounts I am not using though.
He may have been talking to the OP LB.
Yes, that I was.
Do you pronounce Giblit with a hard or soft G?
Hard. I got the Gib from the first part of my surname and not from giblet (think its a gravy or something) so it doesn't have a j sound like giblet which sounds like jiblet.
Yet another reason to hate English - I've been pronouncing your username wrong for ages and now it will be hard for me to change my ways.

Avilioous
Aviolius
Avioulious
etc...
Last edited on
Anvilhas
Anthillwas
Annihilate
I have several I alternate through. Cheraphy happens to be the most used one. It's a portmanteau of Cherubim and Seraphim, with a y sound to make it sound cute or whatever I was thinking when I was 17
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.