Reputation System

I think Cplusplus forum should invent a reputation system to rank up members and give privileges. These kind of things motivate the members to interact with the forum more and more as well as it will increase the Cplusplus forum reputation also .

just a suggestion :)
hese kind of things motivate the members to interact with the forum more
This leads to karma hoarding. So people will post things which will likely to get upvoted and will tend to agree with majority (nobody likes to be downvoted to hell)
Agreed. sometimes it may happen but this is not general forum right? well educated people are here .so i guess there will not be such a problem :)
closed account (z05DSL3A)
This has been discussed many times, the outcome has been 'we are not interested'.
I think Cplusplus forum should invent a reputation system to rank up members and give privileges
do you really feel qualified to say that when you havent even been here a week?

These kind of things motivate the members to interact with the forum more and more
not really. i interact the same on all forums

it will increase the Cplusplus forum reputation also .
answering lots of questions correctly and helpfully does that too

sometimes it may happen but this is not general forum right? well educated people are here .so i guess there will not be such a problem :)
i fail to see what kind of forum it is has to do with anything. well educated people are on all kinds of forums. that doesnt stop it from happening. as to the last part of that sentence, see my first response.

also, why would we need privledges. this is a place to chat and talk about c++
do you really feel qualified to say that when you havent even been here a week?

That is just flat out rude. A new user's opinion is no less then a veteran's. You are basically saying that any new users here have no say in how this forum operates, interacts, or on any possible changes to it. What makes you qualified to say that new users opinions don't matter?
Last edited on
i only asked if he felt like he knew this place well enough after ~6 days to say that this forum needs a major feature added. ive done it before and been flat out wrong

edit: also, based on your logic, should i judge you from the little that weve interacted and say that you misconstrue and misinterpret what people say?
Last edited on
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
I like the idea, well I don't know about giving privileges but maybe awards, tags and such.
@Little Bobby Tables
i actually use this website since more than year or so. i learned C++ from this website. yeah i may be new to forum .but anyway i just post a suggestion here. you don't have to be a new or old user to post suggestions right? if you don't like my suggestion then its okay. this is not an election.

Thanks for your opinion BTW
I like the idea, well I don't know about giving privileges but maybe awards, tags and such.

yeah ... it is also a great idea. :)
@ CodeGazer: Regardless of how you read Little Bobby Tables tone he brings up a valid point. Suggesting something that we all know would drastically change how those of us on this form interact without having interacted with us them-self is premature. It would require a great deal of effort and probably down time for our beloved community and I don't see any benefit to anyone from having this done. Not to mention the Reddit Effect, not the Slashdot effect that gets improperly redirected to on Wikipedia but the other one where mindless and easy to digest content gets up-voted faster simply because more people understand it and so they don't have to think as hard. This buries the interesting and thought provoking content into obscurity simply because the people active at the time it was posted don't want to use engage their brains at the time. Can you imagine if that was the case when people are trying to learn code?
i actually use this website since more than year or so. i learned C++ from this website. yeah i may be new to forum .but anyway i just post a suggestion here. you don't have to be a new or old user to post suggestions right? if you don't like my suggestion then its okay. this is not an election.
its fine that uve used this site for more than a year, but there is a difference between being a member of the forum and reading stuff on the forum. im not saying new people bringing up points is bad. no one here knows everything and all too often we miss out on great ideas because of this. its just a bit different, imo, when someone who has only been making posts for ~6 days to suggest we need a feature, a well known one, both the benefits and downfalls.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I don't see the reason why this would benefit anyone. All I can see is abuse of the rep system and obvious bias towards other forum members.

This forum is fine the way it is, and I'm fond of it's simplicity.
This forum is fine the way it is, and I'm fond of it's simplicity.

Yep, pretty much how this conversation always ends (and I agree).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.