Do people know each other on this forum

Do they? Do you remember people who have posted for a while, what they posted about, and their skills and such? I have yet to find a community that remembers who I am and what I am good at.
i typically do. for example, when i had a question about gba roms, i just pmed disch because if anyone had the answer, it would be him.
Some of the more active members, yeah. If I've worked with them then I definitely remember them. There's also some of us who hang out at irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus. I tend to know them a little better.
speaking of which i dont see you on there right now
I know of you James Parsons, but I can't bring to mind any of your past topics or replies. People I actually feel I know something about their ability and posts are:

Disch, grey wolf/canis lupis, lucleiber, LB, Albatross, Lachlan Easton, htrwin, cire, Duoas, Stewbond, Helios, Giblit*

People in italic I feel like I know the best amount about their skills and posts. This list basically comprises of people who 1) Post a lot and 2) I have seen over time giving generally good answers/discussion.

*Sorry, I probably missed a few people out off the top of my head. =/
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I have been surprised at what some people here remember...I have come across posts that I forgot that I wrote.
dont forget bhxspectre (i dont think i spelled it right) and fredbill
Well I might as well introduce myself. I am mainly a Java programmer with knowledge in many other languages. Mostly Ada, Go, Python, TCL, C, and Assembly. I have a bit of knowledge on older processors like the 6800 and the 6502. One of my favorite points of study is network security. Aside from that network design and IT security.
speaking of which i dont see you on there right now

It was early :) I'm in now
The public profile is a good place to write something you want people on this forum to know about you.
Little Bobby Tables wrote:
dont forget bhxspectre

Yeah, guess you can say I'm the resident thread derailer. Thinking back, I don't think I've done anything helpful on the forums to ever be mentioned in the same sentence as the rest to be honest.
Last edited on
Missed out people like Cubbi, ResidentBiscuit and Little Bobby Tables. It's typical everyone I forget should post in this thread. <___<
I read more than I comment, and I don't tend to do it in the lounge much, but I'd like to thing that some people recognize me.
I remember that helios was the first one who answered my first question on this forum, then Duoas, Bazzy, firedraco, Disch, guestgulkan.. yeah, they answered a lot of my questions since 2009.
Oh, and I remember there was a guy who always told everyone to "ask advice on win32 newsgroup" or "avoid external libs and everything but msdn samples/tutorials".
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Oh, and I remember there was a guy who always told everyone to "ask advice on win32 newsgroup" or "avoid external libs and everything but msdn samples/tutorials".

I miss george135
Hey guys

The one person I will Remeber on this forum and has help me in providing quality information would be

Minipiia(Sonething like that i can Remeber how you spell her name)
I like to think I have a good idea about most of the regular posters. I don't post much myself but there's rarely a day I don't come here to read some threads.
I've been here under different names since 08. Lurk regularly. Yea, I remember names of people who frequent the lounge.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.