RECOVERY hard drive

closed account (jvqpDjzh)

I accidentally formatted my RECOVERY hard drive (of file system type RAW). Actually, I don't really know what was inside it and what was it for, I thought that inside it were all my documents, from the latest backup, in fact I formatted it because I wanted to do the backup in another external hard drive. At this moment, to use this empty hard drive (RAW), Windows tells me that I have to format this unity.

1. Can you tell me what a file system of type RAW is?
2. What kind of files /programs were inside it (drivers)?
3. How grave were my actions (formatting the RECOVERY drive)?
4. How can I solve all this?
5. Please, tell me some good guides to learn about this things not to committ the same errors.

I have an HP, model: Pavillon dv6. I have Windows 7 and in a partition Ubuntu. I have also another empty partition for future projects. If you want more information don't hesitate, just ask.

Please, help me.

(I hope this question is not inappropriate.)

Last edited on
That is meant for if you want to set the computer back to factory defaults.
closed account (jvqpDjzh)
Sorry for the ignorance:

At this point, if I wanted to (or should) format my pc and reinstall windows again, I should ofc get on my own all the additional applications and drivers for a correct behavior of the system, right? Can you tell me a good guide (site) where I can find good stuff about how to correctly install an OS, what are the essential applications, drivers I have to install...

Thanks much in advance! :)
I wouldn't really be worried about drivers. As far as essential applications they should come with the operating system. Installing an OS is relatively easy and they have instructions on the website you download them from. Basically you just put an image or installer on a disk or usb drive then have your computer boot by usb or cd.
RAW means raw data, i.e. unformatted i.e. unusable (until formatted).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.